A thought for those with believing partners.....

by snare&racket 10 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

When I was a single male JW I knew between age 22-25 that I had major concerns with the religion. This had a big effect on my interaction with opp sex in the org. Whenever I got close to someone I would consider the inevitable time that I would have to face my concerns. The effect on the Mrs typicalyoungfaithfulwife in my mind would be both unfair and life shattering. In the back of my mind I kinda always knew I'd leave. This to be fair was all fairly unconscious. I'm hoping you all kinda know what I mean...

Anyway, not everyone had that luxury and my heart goes out to all of you that have experienced the truth of the JWs and undergone the leaving process,with a partner still deeply entrenched. My heart sincerely goes out to you. My family isn't celebrating xmas and it pains me to see them chained to such a medieval regime,especially as its all false. I can't imagine the pain of seeing my soul mate refuse to accept reality. It would destroy me. So for all of you with believing partners, my heart, thoughts and sincerest hope for change goes out to you.

Snare xxx

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

Hello S&R, Kudos to you for having the foresight and common sense to not entangle yourself with someone knowing that you'd not be able to keep up the promises (or facade of faith) forever. I fell for someone hard at 17....I know most folks would roll their eyes and think "too young to know what real love is". But I made the commitment and showed her 'the truth'.....even tho I knew it wasn't all 'truth' to me. She was a Catholic and converted to become a JW. Next year will make 45 that we've been together. We have survived just about everything a marriage can be challenged with (shy of the death or serious illness of a child). But when I quit the JWs four years ago, I started the most challenging marital rift we've encountered. Somehow we are still together. Of late tho, I have been wondering how the "borg" manages to maintain such control over people such as me (for 50 years) and my wife, Dad and 1 of my children. So, I've been researching control, submission, and obedience to authority. I strongly encourage all who have wondered about this to youtube "Milgras Obedience to Authority Experiment"--parts 1,2,3.....It lays the basis for understanding human nature and the inordinate willingness most of us have to submit to authority. It took me 50 years to break the chains.....35 of them in intermitant depression ranging from clinical to suicidal. Now I anxiously await the Victoria/Unthank situation to break open. I'm hoping it will hit the media, and provide a chance for a crack in the wall for my wife (and many good friends) to see the truth about 'the truth'. And yes, there is pain in seeing your mate not accept the reality. For those of us chest deep in that pain, there is also hope that perhaps this faith shattering Australian situation may be the first step to reality for all truly sincere ones.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I went one better and took a nice Anglican girl and turned her into Mrs typicalyoungfaithfulwife without actually bothering to get a dunking myself.

Jeez. stoopid stoopid stoopid

At least I got one thing right

I wish she would revert back to that Anglican girl, even though I'm an athiest.

• cedars
    cedars

I would like to add my voice to the sentiments of snare&racket - this must be a particularly difficult time of year for those with partners who are still trapped inside the cult. I am one of the few fortunate ones who has an open-minded wife who doesn't put up an "aposta-shield" every time I offer an opinion. She is making her own steady progress towards reality in her own good time. Others (both men and women on this forum) aren't that fortunate, and my heart goes out to them.

Cedars

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

I am sorry that I did not aired my personal issues at the time of courtship. I now have my wife trapped with non-active witness, I think our marriage is fine but I'm sorry that she has to endure this.

CP

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Thanks for your sympathies. I am sitting home alone today as my husband & children are staying at his parents tonight and having a family get together I wasn't invited to. We are trying to make our marriage work but I'm not sure how things will work out for us.

• alias
    alias

s&r,

Your thought is appreciated. This is a sticky time of the year.

alias

• fokyc
    fokyc

Xmas day 2011 - AND my wife is just off to the Kingdom Hall.

What a stupid lot

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

True love never fails.... Xxx

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

These stories are full of hurt and often not being able to be authentic with one's spouse. Very sad. On the other hand, the dances one makes to accomodate a believer have elements of romanticism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit