AMATEUR religion...Amateur doctrine...Amateur mistakes

by Terry 26 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

" Just because one isn't paid... or paid well ... doesn't mean one doesn't know what they're doing/talking about, dear one."

The example you give is valid and there are indeed some well qualified amateurs in technical fields ...but I think that what Terry was really getting at was amateurism, which indeed comes without checks and balances, oversight or responsibility

• AGuest
    AGuest

Yes, of course, dear BlueBro (peace to you!). But I was addressing the inuendo.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Terry
    Terry

An amateur (Frenchamateur "lover of", from Old French and ultimately from Latin amatorem nom. amator, "lover") is generally considered a person attached to a particular pursuit, study, or science, without pay and often without formal training. Amateurism can be seen in both a negative and positive light. Since amateurs often do not have formal training, some amateur work may be sub-par.

Not to put too fine a point on it, dedicating your entire life and putting all your trust and hope in a Religious doctrine invented and sustained by Amateurs

is what got many of us former JW's into a bind.

The result is what tests the quality.

How fine a job have the amateur theologians such as Fred Franz and his magic chronology chart done in the long run?

The religion swarms around fake dates the way flies swarm around doggie poo.

• designs
    designs

I like the consensus of the major christian theologians- Lutherans: going to heaven permanently; Catholics, Presbyterians: returning to earth with Jesus.

• Terry
    Terry

This is the religion that smugly taught (when I was first associated back in the late 1950's) that Jesus did NOT have a beard!

Mind you, every other christian church would laugh at this. But, the anointed channel of Jehovah in Brooklyn was very self-assured.

Guess what? These amateur theologians quietly and gradually boiled the frog back to allowing a beard to appear on Jesus' face while

insisting with the same certainty NO self-respecting brother in the Kingdom Hall should ever grow one!

They are filled with self-confidence about how right they are every time they are wrong. AMATEURS!

• designs
    designs

I remember in 1973 coming back from a ski vacation in Colorado with a mustache, I was a reg. pioneer, and was told I couldn't have my part on the Circuit Assembly because of it, I looked around the Assembly Lobby and nearly every black and latin brother had either a mustache or Ray Charles soul patch. It didn't help my cause and I got kicked off the program.

So was the Watchtower Jesus Irish, Black or Latin. I figured it was blatant discrimination against the Irish

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Terry

This is the same " self confidence " that have cost lives and torn apart families

with this same "self confidence " told people not to further their education, because

the end will soon be here

Do not dare to have a dream, this ain't the real life, peddle our rags

and you just might get to the real life a great big " MIGHT "

If your field service time don't have enough hours you'll be sh!t outta luck

OOPS DID I SAY LUCK !!!!!!!

• scotoma
    scotoma

Yeah! This is not your best Terry.

I'm better off with a Professional Snake Oil Salesman over an Amature Snake Oil Salesman?

Maybe the colored water is safer than the Snake Oil.

• KristiKaye
  • N.drew
    N.drew

Hi KristiKaye! It's a pretty posting name. Welcome to forum! Somebody knows why your post doesn't post (I don't), but someone will be by shortly, I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit