by leavingwt 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The waiting - it burns us Precious.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Good morning!

~~And you do know my name, though you don't remember that I belong to it. I am Gandalf, and Galdalf means me!~~~

• Heaven
    Heaven

Now I am wondering what theater will play this in 48 frames per second. I wonder if I would even notice the difference.

Not sure if mine is but am going to see it in 3D. I'll let you know if I notice a diff. I wasn't impressed with the 3-D Promethius.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think it will be great! I just don't like the human looking dwarves....???????????

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Now I am wondering what theater will play this in 48 frames per second. I wonder if I would even notice the difference."

Feature films are usually shot (and projected) at 24 frames per second. So, yes, you will definitely notice a difference if you attend a screening of the 48fps version. The 24fps is what gives all feature films (since the 1920's) their dream-like quality. Are you familiar with what soap operas on TV look like, and how this look contrasts with feature films at the theater?

You can check the list below find out if your local theater will have the 48 fps version.

http://www.48fpsmovies.com/48-fps-theater-list/

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here is a 13-minute inside look at the new film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fC5gk9qFsDE

• sd-7
    sd-7

Entertainment Weekly has a great cover with a young Gollum on it. It scared the crap of me last night, but I love it. Great article in there too. Looking forward to a Hobbit trilogy. Just barely started reading 'The Return of the King' last night. I've read 'Hobbit', maybe earlier this year. One of the best fantasy tales I've ever read. Very thrilled to see a movie being made.

I'll have to wait till the Mrs. is at a circuit assembly to go see it, though; hopefully she'll have one at the usual time, and I'm sure 'Hobbit' will still be screening somewhere in early February. At least I already know the plot, so...if I get really desperate I can just read the book again.

--sd-7

• NewChapter
    NewChapter
    You can check the list below find out if your local theater will have the 48 fps version.

YAYYYY_---One of the theatres is 15 minutes away from me! So cool.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks, leavingwt!

Looks like there is a theater in my area. I will definitely watch it both formats and compare.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I would probably enjoy it on an old 13 inch black and white tv.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit