So "The Quiet One" now has a problem with my domestic abuse article...

by cedars 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Room 215
    Room 215

"I'm only suggesting that people should base their accusations on what is printed, not what they think was meant.. "

I wish I had a nickel for everytime an elder said "brother, they can't say that openly; you have to read between the lines." They said more than enough in printed innuendo about the purported significance of 1975 to unleash a torrent of independent -- ostensibily unauthorized -- conjecture, from the platform and in private conversations, often by senior society representives, all of which they scarcely disavowed and in some cases openly encouraged.

Let me ask: if you let your dog off the leash and he goes on a biting rampage in your neighborhood can you morally disavow responsibility for the consequences?

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

I think the fact that in court, under oath to God, when trying to defend the Society as a religion, the Governing Body's claim that Jehovah was the editor of the magazine would be enough evidence to support the lie of the Watchtower as any kind of prophet of God.

This is, in fact, a point the Society clings to: the word of the Watchtower Magazine is law because it is the word of God and Jehovah is the editor of his Organization's publication, aka "His monthly visitor" (that's a PMS joke, boys and girls )

God is not the author of confusion. Nor is He a crappy editor who doesn't check His facts before releasing an issue of His magazine. The Society in 1953, I believe, stated Jehovah has been running the Watchtower magazine since it's inception. So apparently, the Organization will have us believe the Almighty half-arses His job at the printing press by letting false predictions, inaccurate statements, misquotings, propaganda, and other various schizms slip between His fingers.

You heard it first from the Watchtower Society everyone! God is essentially the Genie from Aladdin: "SEMI-PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS! Itty bitty little living space."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit