The Trinity Doctrine, the Governing Body & Disfellowshipping

by 00DAD 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Ask a Rabbi jd, ask a Rabbi and learn, on the other hand the NT is whatever the Bishops wanted to invent..

• tec
    tec

Christ said nothing about shunning. On the contrary, he said to show mercy and to forgive, to love even your enemies. He did not teach to shun or disfellowship anyone. I would personally be a hypocrite to shun someone... because I am not 'without sin' so as to cast the first (or any) stone.

God requires mercy not sacrifice - when in doubt error on the side of mercy and life.

Peace,

Tammy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

marked for later...

• man oh man
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Knownothing,

I don't think you understood what I said.

I said that nowhere ELSE does Paul mention removing a sinner, in NO OTHER OF HIS WRITINGS doe sPaul mention doing ANYTHING like that again.

It was a specific suggestion to a specific and very extreme case and one that Paul, in his following letters, shows remorse about.

And note that in his following letter addressed the the whole congregation, that Paul states that the MAJORITY of them ( the congregations) decided to expell the unrepentant sinner, it was NOT a selected few people in a "commitee" but the whole of the congregation that "voted"?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Ok Psac, you've made a good point. I'll err on your side.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I'm glad to see this thread is getting some traction and inspiring a bit o' debating on the SUBJECTS in thread TITLE. That's all good!

That being said, I'd like to remind the posters to this thread that my original INTENTION with this thread was not to so much to prove or disprove the particular points used as examples in the OP as it was to highlight that in JW-land what often passes for convincing proof/evidence/logic/critical or analytical thinking is anything but.

This thread was meant to be about JW's Reasoning Ability or the lack thereof. The Trinity, the GB and DFing were merely examples. Can you say 607 BCE? I know you can!

Enjoy!

00DAD

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The thing is that IF the JW's want to follow Paul's view in regards to expelling a person from a congrgation, then they must follow ALL his views:

The person must be an unrepentant sinner.

The must KNOW what they are doing to be wrong and still do it.

The sin must be either adultery, thieft, slander, idol worshipping, imorrality etc.

The whole congregation must decide and the majority decision is what is binding.

If the expulsion is causing undue hardship, then it must be re-evaluate.

If the sinner repents he must be taken back and forgiven.

• designs
    designs

PSac- That's pretty much how the Bible Students handle things.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The bible students that are NOT the JW's right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit