Telephone Hookup if You Can't be Physically Present at the KH

by Band on the Run 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

LOL Open Mind!

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Can someone pleast post a phone # and pin so I / we can here the talks. We will make It like Ricks conferece call.

• Azazel
    Azazel

I was bored one evening and dialled the conference line and just keyed in numbers and found lots of congs.had to listen for any names i knew to figure which cong they were from.Didnt take too long and i got bored of doing it.

Az

• jws
    jws

My old hall had a call-in number back in the late 80's/early 90's. It was used only by the sick and/or elderly to my knowledge. I never noticed a number posted. I think you had to ask for it. I'm sure people who didn't have a legitimate reason would fall under some sort of "forsaking the gathering of yourselves together" clause in the use.

I wonder... I've been involved with conference type calls at work through AT&T and other providers. Was it the same sort of thing? I noticed the poster who said they had to state their name, which is just like the work conference calls. If it is the same thing, the conversations were definitely 2-way. Maybe the hall might not necessarily hear you, but if it's the same, would other participants would be able to hear you? We'd generally mute if we were listening into something like a divisional meeting, but not everybody did. Used to drive me nuts when somebody was listening in from home and forgot to mute and you'd hear background noise like TV's or music or their kids. Never heard it when I was live in-person, but on the call you could. I'm sure some fun could be had with that. Especially if one of us were to call in.

Somebody should post the numbers/PINs they know.

• yellow
    yellow

I hooked up, heard my d/f announcement, great stuff, hooked up a few weeks later hear a local needs about me, mostly lies and about stuff that happened 5 years prior. Told someone how I heard about her d/f and she obviously went running back and snitched. Cant get on it now which is great really as helped enormously in recovery.

• yellow
    yellow

Oh I forgot one time I called in and this elder forgot to hit his mute button, heard him and his wife giving unsavoury comments about a brother who was giving a talk. Hilarious

• metatron
    metatron

(excuse the following because it was triggered by an excess of ethyl alcohol in my bloodstream)

What the f..K is with these idiots? If they REALLY THOUGHT their boring, 'wish I was dead' meetings were important, why don't they have a unified technical procedure that 1) allows people listening to comment in their twisted, cultish Watchtower Study -which would help the nervous brother, with sweat flowing down his torso, to get more comments while he's conducting....

and 2) also allow people with damaged larynxes to offer such comments. Hey, dumba$$es! What would be so difficult about having a brother read the comments sent in by chat or instant messenger?

Hey Bethel Monitors! Why does an evil, demonized apostate like me come up with this stuff while you do nothing? Hello?

metatron

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

One sunday when it was her paragraph they switched so they could hear her and she was sleeping and snoring....

I have to say, when I read other so called funny things that hapened in the Hall the majority of them really don't make me laugh, but this one I'm dying laughing at !!

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

I just tried the two numbers in my phone that used to work. Been about a year and a half since I used either one and they are both disconnected. So I guess that is true that they change it to keep only current ones in the loop.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

In our congregation you had to call in and a brother would answer and ask who is calling - then he would transfer your call to another line where you are on put HOLD and instead of hearing the usual silly music you can hear the silly meeting...! This system could accomodate an unlimited amount of calls, but when I was asked to explain how the system works during the announcements, I was instructed to say that number of callers was limited...they feared too many would stay home to take advantage of this arrangement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit