"Thank God that the end did not come in 1914!

by wolfman85 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

"Thank God that the end did not come in 1914! Yes, because if it had arrived in that year none of us would be here. Jehovah is giving more people time to come to his organization."

Has anyone else heard this argument before? I've heard hundreds of times and really hate it. It is foolish to think so because there will be alwayspeople who will be persuaded to be a JW. Every year thousands of children are born, will grow,and somebecome JW.

If that argument were true the end NEVER would come!

• wobble
    wobble

Are you implying that JW's use faulty reasoning ?

• designs
    designs

wobble-

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I've never heard them refer all the way back to 1914 and say they are happy it didn't end then. But I have heard hundreds of times that the old argument that "Jehovah is lettting this system go on so that more can come into the org"

Of course they don't consider that the world's population has gone from about 4 billion in 1974 to 7 billion today.

So Jehovah has to kill about 3 billion more now in order to save about 5 million more JWs. I guess he is bad at math.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I've heard that silly reasoning many times.

• seenitall
    seenitall

It is the great cop-out. Many old-timers who are facing death now are worried sick about not making it through alive. The belief that the marriage mate will become just a good friend or nothing in the paradise is very troubling. Depression is real and it is getting worse. Only a handful of talks, articles or brothers give the encouragement and comfort that are really Christian. Just a question - since 1914 what has Jesus been doing???? Oh, that's right gathering more sheep for Paradise - whoops forgot.

• sir82
    sir82

Of course the flip side to that "reasoning" is, the longer Jehovah waits, the more babies he'll have to kill at Armageddon.

If he'd have brought Armageddon in 1914, he only would have had to kill a few dozens of millions of babies.

By delaying the end 100 or more years, he's increased the slaughter of babies to several hundred million.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

So Jehovah has to kill about 3 billion more now in order to save about 5 million more JWs. I guess he is bad at math.
    Of course the flip side to that "reasoning" is, the longer Jehovah waits, the more babies he'll have to kill at Armageddon.

You both don't get it . It's called Collateral Damage.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have heard it often. It shows terrible reasoning skills, or lack of, and is a sad indication of how the JW mind gets dumbed down so as to accept the whole body of flawed doctrine.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

JWs dont think about what the numbers really mean, to illustrate here are the numbers referenced above when they are actually written out:

3,000,000,000 more die from population increase since 1975

5,000,000 are saved by "coming to the Mountain of Jehovah"

2,995,000,000 net kill by Jehovah delaying Armageddon to 2011 (and counting)

I had a discussion with an elder when I was on my way out about how much of a slaughter the big A would really be, and how I didn't agree with the concept anymore.

His reply was that I had a "bad attitude" LOL, I have the "attitude" and his "loving" God is a crazed, bloodthirsty lunatic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit