I'm looking for a letter to the Judicial Committee

by tyydyy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Thanks guys for the info,

I plan to use a combination of these letter because the situation is a little unique as each case probably is.

Mustang,
    Thanks for the link, I knew I had seen that thread a while back but couldn't find it.

Mulan,
    That's the kind of information I needed. This is more than a little scary since there is so much at stake. The letters sound good but I was wondering if they actually work. I appreciate it.

I'll keep you guys posted. (Pardon the pun)

TimB

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Sorry, I posted to the wrong thread.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Tim, it's too bad that your parents would shun your sister merely over a label, that's just silly if they already know she isn't a JW anymore.

I wouldn't count on a letter working, but it might. I think it's succes is dependant on how much they believe your sister could damage their (the elders) lives individually thru legal action. Showing up with a lawyer might do the trick. BTW, while you might have messing with their minds, there can be no good come from her meeting with them, UNLESS she came with a lawyer to intimidate them (in which case they would not meet).

I'll send you a copy of the letter I sent the elders who came after me recently. It worked, and it didn't work. It put of the df'ing for a little over a month, which gave my family time to enjoy my sister's wedding w/o having to either shun me, or choose me over family friends (which unfortunately, I think I will find out soon that while they won't shun me overtly, I'll be the one disinvited to family get togethers, rather than the family friends who are witnesses).

pm me your e-mail addy.

• Golf
    Golf

If she lives four hours away, she's no longer in their territory. She hasn't been to a meeting for two years? Something doesn't jive here.

• blondie
    blondie

Isn't this an old post from almost 3 years ago?

• sf
    sf

Yes, the post is old. The point newlight is making by bringing it back up, is NewLight.

sKally

• blondie
  • tyydyy
    tyydyy

That was an issue from couple of years ago. She did get df'd by the local congregation. My parents have kinda gotten over it (still Jdubs) and we are all able to get along reasonalbly well. Thanks for the offer Six.

TimB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit