could Jonah have survived in the belly of a whale?

by highdose 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• highdose
    highdose

its not like he had access to oxygen, light, fresh water or food. What about the digestive jucies in the belly?

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but surely this just can't be possible?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Not for more than about 3 minutes - let alone 3 days.

Remember - we were told time and again that it was a "great fish", but not a whale...

• bohm
    bohm

"If i told you a friend of mine lived 3 days in a whale, what would it take to convince you that it was actually true"?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what do u have?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

If God's Son can be transferred to the womb of a virgin Israelite by means of God's Spirit, surely His Spirit could preserve Jonah in the belly of a fish.

• bohm
    bohm

wha happened: It says so in this book which he might have written... ;-)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jonah trained to live in a Whales Belly..

By living in a Sumo Wrestlers Belly..

This Sumo is about to Release Jonah..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• james_woods
    james_woods

OUTLAW - I have had to tell you before: WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CAN NEVER BE UNSEEN

• Londo111
    Londo111

As Paul said about the Sarah-Hagar drama, "these things are allegory."

Therefore, the allegory of Jonah is what is important. There are so many lessons that we can learn from this.

Jonah heroically sacrifices his life to save the sailors from God's wrath. The fish is appointed as a means of Jonah's salvation from a watery grave, delivering him three days later to shore. He thereafter embarks on a greater work, bringing salvation to those in Nineveh.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

This is silly! You're all being so small minded: God can do anything ... except of course the things he cannot do, such as lie, or make a rock so big he can't pick it up .... hmmm, I guess there are things God can't do after all. I'm so confused!?!?!?

I'm So Confused!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit