Reinstatement...how long?

by LKM 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LKM
    LKM

How long does it take for the elder's to respond to a letter of reinstatement? Is there a time range?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

It depends on how busy/ lazy they are. I have seen it take 3 months from the time the letter was received to the time they met with the person requesting reinstatement. Siam

• blondie
    blondie

It's at the discretion of the elders in that congregation.

I know of one pedophile that was reinstated 8 months after he was df'd.

*** w98 10/1 p. 11 “Jehovah, a God Merciful and Gracious” ***

“Thirty-five years ago my husband and I were disfellowshipped. Then, in 1991, we had the pleasant surprise of being visited by two elders who informed us of the possibility of returning to Jehovah. Six months later, we were overjoyed to be reinstated. My husband and I are 79 and 63 years old respectively.”—C.A.

*** w98 10/1 p. 18 Imitate Jehovah’s Mercy ***

Although it seems that the wrongdoer in Corinth was reinstated within a relatively short period of time, this is not to be used as a standard for all disfellowshippings. Each case is different. Some wrongdoers begin to manifest genuine repentance almost immediately after being expelled. With others, it is quite some time before such an attitude is evident. In all cases, however, those who are reinstated must first show evidence of godly sadness and, where possible, must manifest works befitting repentance.—Acts 26:20; 2 Corinthians 7:11.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I know a JW lady that had been df'd several times for adultery/fornication and she was always back within a few weeks after submitting her letter. However, when one of my family members submitted their letter they were told that they needed another 6 months of regular meeting attendance and to study with one of the elders. I didn't even know df'd people could study with anyone.

So it depends...on whatever they want it to.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

So it depends...on whatever they want it to.

So much for JWs 'all speaking in agreement, and being of the same mind and of the same line of thought.' (1Cor 1:10)

Not only are JWs different from one another in a life and death matter such as disfellowshipping and reinstatement, they also diverge from the Bible quite often, as it suits the leadership's needs.

• bobld
    bobld

Good point Blondie.Well they had to re-instate them really quick because he was getting old and could die before they got his money.

Why only 6 months when they were out for 35 years.They the (WBTS) could see all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and they were not going to take any chances.Now compare that with some poor young woman and how many hoops she has to go through to get back in.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How long does it take for the elder's to respond to a letter of reinstatement? Is there a time range?

You have to bug the piss outta them til it's easier to reinstate you than have their life disrupted meeting with you and taking phone calls over and over and over

DOC

• Terry
    Terry

The key issue is weeding out closet Apostates!

Attitude is everything.

You have to really really convince them you are a broken person crawling on your belly to get back in.

The "each case is different" policy is arbitrary, capricious and whimsical. It gives the elders with an axe to grind plenty of time

to make the potential repentant person sweat and squirm.

What would Jesus say to a repentant person? Come back in 6 months?

• Terry
    Terry

The key issue is weeding out closet Apostates!

Attitude is everything.

You have to really really convince them you are a broken person crawling on your belly to get back in.

The "each case is different" policy is arbitrary, capricious and whimsical. It gives the elders with an axe to grind plenty of time

to make the potential repentant person sweat and squirm.

What would Jesus say to a repentant person? Come back in 6 months?

• Azazel
    Azazel

The "Shepherd Book"( actually "mind Control" for Dummies v2.0) says they are to respond promptly to a letter requesting reinstatement.

Now "promptly"is open to interpretation.

My first letter took and each subsequent one has taken 2 weeks before they would meet with me.

They are also warned to be suspiciuos of the motives of a person seeking re-instatment ( why do they want to come back to this BS?)

Az

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit