Victoria, Australia: The long edition (new) of Part 2 of Steven Unthank's report of molestation/rape within the Traralgon Cong.

by AndersonsInfo 79 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, Smiddy!!

I also like Retro's idea, very much!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Zid . . . that account made me shudder. It epitomises everything wrong about the JW culture. That poor little girl. This makes my blood boil . . . how could any man in his right mind hold a 13 year old responsible like that . . . it's totally sick!

I have no doubt that at the appropriate time this case is going to bust wide open in the Media . . . and at that time Retro's (excellent) idea will find plenty of favour.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah, Sizemik, to this day I shake my head over that...

I wonder what ever happened to that girl?

I sure hope that she eventually got past the injustice of it...

The Watchtower Corporation is long overdue to have its scandals ripped out and exposed in public. Hope it happens soon - and that this case in Australia is the beginning of it...

Zid

• smiddy
    smiddy

Children before religion

In the Sunday herald Sun April 17 2011

How is it that all religions are required to undergo a police check and they all abide by it,except Jehovah`s Witnesses(Taking on Watch Tower,SHS,April10).Are they above the law?The next time they knock on my door the first thing I will ask them is do you have a police check ? When they answer in the negative I`ll close the door

concerned parent

via email

smiddy

Their was also an interesting letter following this

"Check is best "

Who`s looking after the children ?Those in authority should not ignore what alleged

sexual assault victim Steven Unthank is saying about doing police checks on Jehovah`s Witnesses ministers,prior to their dealing with unsupervised children,under Victorias Working with children act.On jan.1 1986 the Gov.body admitted in the WT.Mag that 36,863 individuals had been disfellowshipped because of practicising immorality

George William Hudson,

Certificate of Christian Ministry Werribee

• Azazel
    Azazel

In my view no one would think badly of JW if they instantly reported child abuse to the police and even if it made it to the media at least it would show the WTS are serious about protecting their flock.

Just like the Catholic Church who the WTS taunt for their problems the WTS are just the same.

It all backfires by this repeated hiding of these criminal acts and the pedos who commit them and not helping the poor damaged little souls who have been on the recieving end of pure evil.

Evidently to me the WTS places more importance on the brands "JW", "WTS", "FDS", "GB" and "Jehovah"than Shepherding the flock of god in their care. I pray the truth will be revealed to the light of the world and some may just wake up to the rot.

Az

• smiddy
    smiddy

I would ask the Aussies this, particulary Victorians,

Has their been any media reports on child molestation /rape of children by a Jehovahs Witness in the Traralgon congregation either in the newspapers or television or charges been laid against such a person ?

To my knowledge I havent seen any as yet

Are we likely to see it in the near future ?

If Steven has put this on his home page,then I`m sure it will surface

smiddy

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It seems that there should be some local media coverage of this situation. So far we have Steve's version and the minimal court records. Court records are irrefutable, It seems no one is able to confirm all the statements made by Steve Unthank by independant sources. Please post some independant sources otherwise this is heresay and not of any value other than pissing people off who already have a hatred and distrust of the Borg no matter how valid. I want it to be false because I don't want to think any children were harmed. There seems little hope of that in the JW world. Again, please post an investigative report by an objective 3rd party. Until then we can't quote anything in Steve's articles as athouratative. No active JW will accept these reports until the court records sustain them as accurate. Keep fighting Steve.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Unfortunatly i dont think we will see any official documentation, court transcripts or proofs until way AFTER this case is done and dusted.

I have no doubt Steven Unthank would like to post far more damning documentation than just his own words, I imagine that it being in the court system and an active police investigation means that not only is he gagged by the law but so may the media be.

Ever notice that even known killers are always refered to as 'alledged killer' in the news papers? Until it as all done and dusted they are not prepared to name names or make bold statements anymore in case they get sued or face contempt of court themselves.

I'd say no different here.

we have to be patient. No case gets full reporting and documenting till its over.

Oz

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Granted Aussieoz but they at least report on the process and do refer to the plaintifs as "Alleged" thus and so. Why is there nothing even in the news referring to the case or the "alleged" actions of the plaintifs? I just don't get it. I'm waiting but having a hard time being patient as you can imagine.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Perhaps the WT is paying the media off...

Oz

Added:

I know of a case nothing to do with the WT, that had potential to cause much embaressment to worksafe victoria and could have brought down some pollies and CEOs, not to mention clog the court system with workplace Bullying cases through the state. The case was shut down by a 'alledged' bought in magistrate from the old boys club to shut it down.

Much contacting of media went on but they were not interested very much despite the subject getting much attention in recent years. Given that the media has definite poitical leanings depending on who runs the newspaper empire it is not surprising that some hot potato happenings do not get covered.

Just saying, there can be reasons we cannot understand as to why some things get front page and others not, why the Catholic Priests hit the news but other religions manage to fly under the radar.

Patient is all we on the side lines can do i am afraid...

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit