Celebrating my Bday for the first time ever. The big 2-1

by stillstuckcruz 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Happy birthday! Have a good time. Advice about not finishing a drink once you put it down is good. Also, for every alcoholic drink, drink a glass of water. Helps prevent the hangover.

Isn't it funny that people just expect you to go out and get hammered on your birthday? I hope you have a wonderful birthday no matter how you celebrate it.

• red21
    red21

Have a great day...I have knew very few JW kids that didn't celebrate on their 21st., mine included, even if they didn't call it a BD party, that was what it was. Why not, it is a milestone in life!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Happy Birthday!!! Have a fabulous day!!!...I know it's two months early...but gotta get some practice in...LOL

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Happy birthday.

Bangalore

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Happy Birthday and 21 to boot!!!!!!

Enjoy your Day ....you've earned IT!

How did you feel upon celebrating your first birthday?

Very Strange at first... it felt ...wrong....

I don't have a big party.... but family and friends have Dinner/Cake and Drinks and Laughs!!!.....oh and Gifts LOL!

• Giordano
    Giordano

to tell the truth I never stopped celebrating my birthday........... I just called it something else. Turning 16 it was getting my drivers learner permit day. Turning 18 it was cannon fodder day as I signed up for the draft. 21 was legal drinking day or I could vote day....... if I wanted to. No birthday parties but always friends, pizza & a beer at age 17. The only thing we didn't do was wish one another a happy birthday.

My Mom would give me a special hug and remark how the years were flying by and tell me that the sweather she gave me a few days before looked really good on me. Everyone was aware of what day it was and found ways to express their love and appreciation.

With JW's who were not born-in and who remembered holidays and birthdays you cut one another some slack.

• alias
    alias

How did you feel upon celebrating your first birthday?

I was 29 and it was the best birthday ever!

I was attending college courses at the time and decided to make it MY day and bought a couple bags of mini-cholate bars and gave them away to all my classmates and teachers telling them it was MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I must have heard "Happy Birthday" a hundred times accompanied by smiles, and each time it gave me a little burst of joy that helped fill in the birthday-less VOID of the first three decades of my life. (Yeah, I was just like a little kid and had so much fun that day).

Then at my part-time job the next day, my co-workers had decorated my cubical with balloons and streamers and we had a "snack" table outside of it all day long.

That one birthday could have been the only one I celebrated in a lifetime and it would have been enough. The liberation and joy I felt at celebrating my existence, my place in this world, on my terms was euphoric.

alias

• alias
    alias

P.S. HAPPY 21 BIRTHDAY! (With a cake below for each year you missed!)

• cofty
    cofty

Happy birthday - enjoy yourself and DON'T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT!

• cult classic
    cult classic

StillSC

Happy Birthday !!!!

This is a great birthday to celebrate. Yes, you will feel a bit awkward due to all the indoctrination. But, you will feel so great when you wake up the day after and realize you have not been destroyed. You are so young to be making your way out. Good for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit