Very tiny change to Service Meeting Announcements protocol.

by Open mind 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

For those who want to keep up with the "Pure Language", I found out this week that at the most recent Elder's School, they were told that the Announcements should no longer include the following:

1. Name of public talk and speaker for Sunday

2. Synopsis of all the parts that are coming up on the rest of the Service Meeting

The information is already on the Information Board so they don't need to take time during the Announcements to cover it.

There you go. Now you can keep in step with "present truth".

om

• Iamallcool
  • cedars
    cedars

Yes, I've noticed the growing trend of gagging the poor brother who does the announcements lest he actually commits the unforgiveable sin and "announces" anything. One wonders what the purpose of the item actually is? Ah yes, reading out letters - which can, again, be posted on the notice board. Why don't they just post all the material for the entire meeting on the notice board, thereby dispensing with the need to have any of it delivered from the platform by a human being? The mind boggles at what goes on at these Governing Body meetings sometimes.

Cedars

• paladin
    paladin

More time now devoted to spiritual things.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I see they are still using "Information Board" rather than the dreaded "Bulletin Board".

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

We must really be close to the end now

• Open mind
    Open mind

lamallcool's response: perfect, IMO.

Everyone else's are good too.

@ jameswoods: Is the WT prohibition of "bulletin board" based on the related Papal Bull?

om

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I equate it with re-arranging the chairs on the Titannic, post iceberg contact

• james_woods
    james_woods
    @ jameswoods: Is the WT prohibition of "bulletin board" based on the related Papal Bull?

I asked a circuit overseer once (he called me down for saying it) - and he thought it was because the U.S. Navy used it. Seriously.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Well, jameswoods, it's a good thing the CO nipped that in the bud or people would have been signing up to be sailors right and left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit