Clear Cases of WTBTS Hypocrisy

by Vanderhoven7 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

What facts would you use to demonstrate to a member of Jehovah's Witnesses that their organization is guilty of hypocrisy?

One that comes to mind is that JWs will give their church literature but are not permitted to accept yours.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Yep, that's a good one. JWs are certainly hypocrits.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

One of the reasons used for not accepting other religions literature is that, those people wait for you to come to them (with the exception of the Mormons). I wouldn't accept any literature from people who didn't even bother to attempt to locate me. It is easy to give out literature at places like laundromats or doctors offices-no contact with people, so those of other religions don't have to really make any sacrifice for their worship (by the way, I got many of my JW placements this way, as I hated the ministry, though I did get in token hours).

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

The fact that they say they follow Jesus and his most important commands, yet strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel on the very petty stupid little manmade laws. Jesus called the pharisees who did this, hypocrites.

• sir82
    sir82

If you currently are not a JW: You should examine all aspects of your religion - its history, doctrines, policies, etc. If you find it is teaching falsehoods or condoning wrongdoing, it is a moral imperative for you to leave that religion at once.

If you currently are a JW: You should never "murmur" or question anything that comes from the "faithful and discreet slave". If you decide that your religion is teaching a falsehood or condones wrongdoing, you are wrong and an apostate and Jehovah will kill you and your family will shun you.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

PTN,

I found that JWs will accept things you have written personally, but nothing from your "organization".

Tim,

True. The Pharisees actually created manmade teachings to avoid obeying weightier things in the law...such as honouring parents.

Another thing that comes to mind is their NGO status with the UN.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

You may accept blood (ok fractionated blood)

You may not donate blood. (Until they figure out how you can donate fractions )

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent Sir82. Now I'll have to look for quotes to back that up.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

There are so many, but this fairly recent statement from the Awake! remains a very clear and powerful example of their hypocrisy:

• "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family." - Awake, July 2009, p. 29

This of course applies to every-person and every-religion on earth except Jehovah's Witnesses!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Lost Gen,

Thanks, yes I forgot about that bit of hypocritical practice. You can sustain your life from blood donations of others, but you should not donate blood to save the life of others.

Do you know if JWs ever get their blood tested btw?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit