Would you sell your soul for 10 million?

by jam 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

New Chapter, funny movie.

From all your answers it shows how far we have progress

after leaving the witnesses. Since I do not believe in the

Devil any more, (the only person or thing that would have

interest in my soul) and I do not believe in the Bible

view of soul. Lamallcool words "I would look at him

or her with A crazy puzzled face". Evidently this person

believe he is the devil, so yes I would sign, but if

he points to A tree for example and set it on fire, well

then I woudl think about it.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

I would NEVER sell my soul for 10 million $$$. I will however sell my soul for T&A.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In effect, J W's "sell their soul" in exchange for the following 1] A lovely house 2] their own land in a paradise setting 3] eternal youth & beauty 4] lashings of tasty food 5] this is to go on forever eternally................

10 million £ or $ could not buy that.

The material gains of the New World make this an entirely material reward. In exchange for their time at meetings, their study, performing "the ministry", whatever level of sacrifice this way of life should bring onto them . Above all, they give their heart, their cares, and agree to love the Organisation even more than their own families...Dedication is not just a word, it is for real..

Is that what you mean by "selling your soul"??

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Wasn't this covered in an twilight zone episode? It's bad!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i gave it for free to the JW"s, more then free I gave them money and time and

I think I can out fiddle the devil

• curiouscynic
    curiouscynic

I've never seen O Brother Where Art Thou... but I watched New Chapter's clip and it's funny that the guitar player's name is Tommy Johnson. Because they stole Robert Johnson's story of the crossroads... of course... I guess Robert Johnson stole that story from Faust, who stole if from Solomon...

Incidentally. Anyone ever wonder about Faust and Solomon? Both met a supernatural being who promised them anything they desired. Both asked for knowledge and wisdom. Solomon is praised for his request and is additionally granted wealth and long life. Faust goes to Hell after 25 years... why does Legend vilify one and exalt the other?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Cynic, that's an easy one. Because Solomon's supernatural being was the good guy and Faust's supernatural being was a bad guy.

• sacolton
    sacolton

10 million dollars ... you can do two chicks at the same time.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Sacolton, just in case you ever get 10 million dollars. Let me tell you that for 0.0002% of that you can do two chicks at the same time.

Just saying, so you won't squander your money.

• sacolton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit