"Community" tv show--the jw episode

by rebel8 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/12-Things-Troy-Wouldn-t-Do-Community-Actually-Jehovah-Witness-37613.html

Did you see this? I searched to see if anyone had commented on it yet but couldn't find any.

I'm watching it now.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

is that the show with the "soup man"?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

after reading the article, 80% of JW children do those things in secret (double life).

then they change their "clothes" for the KH

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've watched the episode. Troy's religion has been brought up a couple of times before, but only at Christmas. It's never dealt with any other time. It's obvious the writers haven't researched the religion too thoroughly. They use it merely as a plot device.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Apparently the actor that plays Troy was raised to be a Jehovah's Witness... I think they just didn't want to push it, but were interested in using the character for the concept. Like it was said in the article, Jehovah's Witnesses aren't very interesting for sitcoms.

• clarity
    clarity

If you scroll down to Comments ... you'll see

55 Reasons Jehovah's Witnesses will never be cool.

Interesting list to jog your memory!

• John Locke
    John Locke

great show.... thanks rebel8

whats the episode and season about JW's?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I've been commenting left and right on that page. JW's keep coming in to say that the article (and subsequent posts by non-JWs) are full of misinformation and lies, but not one of them has mentioned even one specific false statement. I keep challenging, but they run and hide. One guy tried to respond to that list of 55 things about JWs, but I pretty much took apart his arguments. Interesting experience. It makes me realize how incapable the average JW today is of defending his beliefs and how mind-controlled they really are, to the point where calling any negative info about the organization a lie is just a mindless knee-jerk reaction.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Those comments and rebuttals from both side are like somebody smacking their head on a brick wall.

You are lying, no, you are lying.

You havn't done your research, no, you havn't done your research

get a life, no, you get a life.

the bible doen't say, no, the bible doesn't say

He is a JW, no, he is not a JW...

Waste of time all round and only results in a headache.

oz

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes they have remarked on it in other episodes. This one is the Christmas episode where they all end up spending it together.

There is a long bit about Troy wanting to celebrate but 'not being allowed to'. His friend tells him to pretend he is a jw spy, pretending to celebrate just to figure out how to destroy xmas.

LOL@ the comments under the article. I hadn't even read them. I don't see anything remotely inaccurate or subjective in the article. How sad people are so desperate to tell bald-face lies about their religion just to silence the alarm bells going off in potential recruits' minds.

is that the show with the "soup man"?

Yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit