Marginal Notes in the 'Shepherd the Flock of God'

by Londo111 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Londo111 - what sort of cases would the Society want to disavow involvement?

Mind you I'm just guessing here, but I'd say they'd want to disavow the kinds of cases that might cost them money or bring them negative publicity. In other words, all of them!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

lilbluekitty - what is it you're looking for?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ Cantleave (I think), who said

I have a PDF of the old book with all the marginal notes from the elders school (s).

Is this posted on the internet where we can download it?

• sir82
    sir82

They did not repeat the "6 things never to put on the S-77 form" written instructions in the latest school, but they did emphasize - repeatedly - this point:

If it's a question for the service department - always write.

If it's a question for the legal department - always call.

Of course, the phone calls are not recorded, so there is no evidence of anything for any future court cases.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

don't you guys get it? that's why you're not allowed to record the meeting!

• Londo111
    Londo111

In retrospect, I wish I had recorded mine. But I was a believer then. The Judicial and Appeal process help fix that.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Six Expressions That Should Not Be Used on S77 and S79 Forms

I can remember having these notes dictated to us at the elders school back in the day. It was done with great solemnity and very slowly to make sure that everyone had taken the points down. These were considered to be so important..

In my naivety I had assumed that they were later thoughts by the G B after the printing and nothing sinister. I viewed it, as I believe did the others, as somewhat academic since contentious issues like that only happened somewhere else........

Now, I can see that we were indeed hung out to dry if a legal challenge were ever made to our decision..

• Londo111
    Londo111

What are S77 and S79 forms?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

S-77 is the form elders fill out to inform the WTBTS of their decision to disfellowship/disassociate someone. Try Googling it.

As I recall, S-79 was discontinued several years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit