evolution question

by outsmartthesystem 165 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

hooberus: "What is the evidence for this? For example do they publish any attempted falisifications?, or fund any attempted falsification experiments, or studies against any of these things?"

yes, just about every edition of nature and science has an article on evolution.

So how much work is religion doing for checking its results? oh wait...

hooberus: So if hypothetically the overall naturalistic/evolutionary version of history has been made "safe" by its proponets , then its religion?

yes, but it hasnt, at least not to more degree than astronomy or other branches of science. But do tell us, do you consider "making a theory 'safe'" a bad thing? in that case i hope you ask the same kind of questions in regards to religion, if no i wonder why you bring up an irrelevant point.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Are you implying that this is actually happening in regards to things like:

1. abiogenesis

Of course. The fact that we don't yet have a really good answer is proof of this. What it means is that hypotheses are being created all the time and discarded. The falsification goes on and on. Subscribe to a science journal and read about it if you're interested. Stop being so lazy. Nobody is gonna spoon feed it to you.

And I'm not "implying". this is how the process works. No implication, just facts. So may I ask---are you implying that this is NOT happening? Because if you are doing so, then you are not referring to science. It can only be science if it follows the process. Perhaps you are thinking of philosophy?

One more thing. No theory is safe. It can become more firmly established, it gains credence everytime it can't be falsified, it is even used to advance us in other places. But "safe"? Never. Salvation is for religion to handle.

NC

• hooberus
    hooberus
    yes, just about every edition of nature and science has an article on evolution.

My question was not "do they have articles on evolution"? , But instead in responce to NC's claim that

Science works tirelessly to falsify everything it knows--every theory is rigorously tested and as new understanding is gained, the process starts all over again. No theory is safe--

1. abiogenesis,

2. The overall (molecules to man), evolutionary version of history.

3. or even merely the evolutionary mechanism of mutation/selection?

Are you saying that that "science" [i.e. the "evolutionary science community"] is really "tirelessly" trying to falsify them??

What is the evidence for this? For example do they publish any attempted falisifications?, or fund any attempted falsification experiments, or studies against any of these things?

• hooberus
    hooberus

1. abiogenesis

Of course. The fact that we don't yet have a really good answer is proof of this. What it means is that hypotheses are being created all the time and discarded. The falsification goes on and on.

And does this "falsification" that "goes on and on" ever cause them to question abiogenesis itself ?

And is there evidence for your claim that "Science works tirelessly to falsify everything it knows--every theory is rigorously tested and as new understanding is gained, the process starts all over again. No theory is safe--" in regards to the overall (molecules to man), evolutionary version of history, or even merely the evolutionary mechanism of mutation/selection?

• cofty
    cofty

You sound like a broken record. Your question was answered.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hmmm. Well this is just silly. The question was answered and you argument is to ask it again. So let me ask you:

Has religion done everthing in it's power to disprove that a god is behind the origin of life? Does the effort continue? Is it ever safe? If science ever absolutely falsifies such a notion, will you walk away from it?

I predict no. You will simply dismiss anything that disagrees with the worldview you already have and cling to the myth. Like those that cling to the Genesis account of creation. 100% falsified. Doesn't matter. Believers, believe. And they ask the same questions over and over again, because they can't understand nor accept the answers. Nor can they deal with uncertainty. In a way, it is requires the most arrogant of attitudes---not only do you need the answers---you HAVE the answers. And for all the talk of humility, it's scientists that are comfortable saying they just don't know yet---and also what they do know may one day been disproven.

It's a worthless debate. Just keep the myths out of the science classes, and I'll be happy. I don't care if others want to walk around in ignorance, I only care when they seek to enforce their ignorance on others. America needs to improve in science. It's just a f**king shame that such a large portion of them don't believe in science. And they tell us so----on their computers---with wireless connections----while benefitting from medicine that stems from that science. That's okay. You don't have to understand the principals behind these things, and you can even scoff at it, you still get to use them. Just think of it as magic.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit