They are bothering my sister

by truthseeker1969 17 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

They stayed for an hour and at the end asked her to tell me that I should still limit my contact with my mother since I am not attending meetings etc.

I thought it was strange until she told me the name of the Elders, both on my JC and both still it seeems bitter!

Are you DFd/DAd? If so, I think I'd be tempted to call on them and let them know that sis actually did deliver their message. And my message in return? Mind your own fucking business. Don't pretend to think you can tell me, or even suggest to me, who I can contact, how much, where, when or how.

But if you're inactive, staying under the radar, refusing to meet up with them, that strategy would not be recommended.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They stayed for an hour and at the end asked her to tell me that I should still limit my contact with my mother since I am not attending meetings etc.

What a bunch of tools! I love it when people escape and they can't do a thing about it. They unjustly break up so many families, its good to see when people get over on them!

• nugget
    nugget

A fine example of people needing to reinforce their own importance through petty acts of vindictiveness. It is good that you didn't allow them to intimidate you and certainly what they said was without foundation and showed no humility for their own failings.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I've found that this type of behavior varies greatly by the congregation and body of elders involved. I've been in Halls where they just left people who weren't going and were relatively quiet alone, while in others they would hound you. Apparently your sister has a few zealots in the Hall she once went to. I'm lucky in that the last Hall I ever went to, they are not that way. I've seen a few elders every now and then and I've been greeted warmly, and the subject of me not attending is rarely brought up.

• Miles3
    Miles3

Considering it's the Borg, and they're elders (AKA they know they can do anything they want, and will), and considering the history of the Society and sexual abuse, I wouldn't fancy a woman in a place alone with 2 elders. We don't necessary think about it because they're brothers we know, and they couldn't possibly... but yes, they perfectly could. The fact your sister is not baptised is half a protection, but with the mom and the brother in the "truth", it's not like they don't know they could get away with it.

• ssn587
    ssn587

sounds to me like its time for a little one on one confrontation with the elders, they need to be put in their place and told to STFU and stay out of your life. I ran into one the other evening and he asked how I am doing (haven't been to a meeting in over 6 months) told him fine since i don't have to be around people that have no real love for their fellow members. That shut him up and he had nothing further to say, whatever they do won't have any impact on me. I know their stink, the fact that they dont have any real love for anyone as evidenced on how they treated us when tragedy had stricken our family.

• its_me!
    its_me!

I'm glad that your sister saw through them. They can be very persuasive when one is vulnerable. It is disgusting that they are trying to use her to carry their message to you to cut off contact from your mother. Ugh. It never seems to end with them.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I know your sister can define the shit from shinola based on your posts, I'm just surprissed that she allowed them an hour of her time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit