governing body salary

by leftchica 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• leftchica
  • leftchica
  • zagor
    zagor

If all living expenses are paid for you by someone else then you don't need money. They live like heads of state, if they need to travel it's provided, if they need to eat it's cooked, if they need new clothing it is tailor made... feel free to add more, but bottom line is, they don't need any

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I've heard many Witnesses say they dropped money into the coat pockets of COs and DOs. Governing Body members must receive the same generosity from many Witnesses all over the world. Who knows how much they each bring in yearly. Probably more than most Witnesses earn. And as mentioned by Zagor, everything they need is already provided and then some, so whatever cash donations they receive is purely excess.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

zagor phrased it perfectly: they live like heads of state.

I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 4:8

• N.drew
    N.drew

1 Corinthians 4:8

New Living Translation (©2007)
    You think you already have everything you need. You think you are already rich. You have begun to reign in God's kingdom without us! I wish you really were reigning already, for then we would be reigning with you.

This scripture was one contention I had with the translation department of JW. I'm sure it means spiritually rich in accurate knowledge.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's the reigning as kings while on earth I was referring to, anyway. They act as if they've been given the heavenly reward already.

What makes you sure the 'rich' phrase means spiritually, by the way? Context of the previous sentence would imply otherwise.

• N.drew
    N.drew

1 Corinthians 4:6

"Do not go beyond the things written"

1 Corinthians 4:7

New Living Translation (©2007)
    For what gives you the right to make such a judgment? What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift?

http://concordances.org/greek/5101.htm "what"

• N.drew
  • N.drew
    N.drew

Matthew 13:20 same verb

"The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;

"What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit