I was just mean to hubby....

by PaintedToeNail 31 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I gave him are really good thriller book to read today. He got half way through it, was really into it, when I couldn't help myself. I asked him, in light of this past Sunday's Watchtower, how can you read this book in good conscience.

He closed it up and put it down.

CJ

You're shooting yourself in the foot. Go easy. That sort of interaction could cause him to become more zealous about his faith. Confrontation usually doesn't work with JWs.

I let my JW family members violate many of their rules without any comment. I'd rather they did than didn't.

• Violia
    Violia

beg his forgiveness and apologize for being mean. Let him enjoy life without you reminding him he's violating jws rules.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Update-not to worry, he just picked the book up again and started reading it.

CJ

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

quick, ask for oral sex!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    quick, ask for oral sex!

Very helpful.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I wish my wife would violate some JW rules...but she's too rank and file for that. Even if a comedy act on Comedy Central has more than 2 "beeps"...she changes the channel. Always feeling guilty and gives the longest comments at meetings. Its a drag. I can't comment b/c I'm on reproof, so I bet people wonder "he was such a fine brother, what happened? hope their kids will be okay." yeah right.

You should get a book by the auther ZANE. see if he reads that! LOL

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

6of9 that's too funny!!! and always a good way to stop a fight

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dont remind him when he is acting normal. I too suggest you say Sorry.

the more you try to get him to think independently the more the JW
    "mindthink" will get stronger. His mind is "CUFFED"Not his hands..
    So now go kiss him & tell him you love him MY ORDERS!!!!!!!GRANNY!!!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

see even our beloved Mouthy agrees with 6of9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit