Do you work with any Dubs?

by lohengren 14 Replies latest jw friends

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

my boss used to be one, and him not being one made me think. he left after 1975. really got me thinking.

then he hires jdubs frequently. he knows they need money and are usually good workers.

but when i have them on my crew and i am in charge, they attempt to shun me.

they will not continue conversations, one word answers. they are not social with everyone on site. they are scared of the world.

i personally hate having to work with them because all i want to do is get in their brain and undo the brainwashing, but all i do is push them in deeper.

THEY REFUSE TO THINK. IT's EASiER THAT WAY.

• stillin
    stillin

I've hired them and found that they are sly about getting special treatment. When I've hired them it was always clear that I expected full weeks from them but they always seem to have something going on that a "good boss" would understand. Yes, I'm a soft touch, but so far, I've had to fire every single one of them.

Then I'm the bad guy!

• 2tone
    2tone

!@#$ no i dont work with any dubs. Thank god for there sake they dont work with me. I would destroy there spiritually.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have had experiences working with the witlesses. When I first started working, the department manager was intent on getting a whole crew of witlesses. There was one worldly person that he tried to recruit--when that didn't work, he did everything possible to get rid of the worldly person. We had one person that was blatantly lazy (drinking coffee, snaking on doing work, and wasting more time discussing theocraptic things than working). This department manager was a tyrant--demanding things be done his way, regardless of whether it was company policy or helpful. And I have seen more threats about going to the hounders than about getting write-ups through the company. Additionally, all too much time was wasted arguing about a viewpoint's validity (I simply told them to do the research themselves, as I could just as easily be wrong).

Ultimately, that whole crew ended up getting fired for one reason or another, or quit abruptly for stupid reasons. Sick calls because they had to attend the Grand Boasting Session (obviously, they couldn't all go at once) were common. One of them even took wrapped bulk items (candy bars) and ate them in the name of "quality control"--aka, stealing. (And never got caught.) One got fired for demolishing all the displays on purpose because his help had a family emergency. Another got fired after getting caught sleeping on the job. At least 2 of them quit abruptly. And I turned apostate. There went the crew of witlesses. Notably, there was abundant anxiety every time someone needed to tend to the Christmas displays.

A few years later, we had a brother/sister team of witlesses on another department. Those were in fact good workers (when they were there), but frequently took time off for pious-sneering and a$$emblies. Neither seemed to like to work more than about 8 hours per week because of this--16 was pushing it. (I wonder what they are going to do when gas prices reach a nonillion toilet papers a gallon.) Both of them ended up quitting, but with their proper notice.

Most recently, and most potentially threatening now, is a possible witless in another department. This is someone I recognize as one whose mother got disfellowshipped when they were in their teens--too old to simply go inactive, but right where the hounders would be paying key attention to. That means if this person is still a witless or is stalled out as an unbaptized publisher, I can expect other witlesses to "encourage" this person. And, if I happen to still be there, they will find me and try and drag me back as well. Notably, the scumbag that dragged me into the cancer in the first place is as likely to "encourage" people like that--and if he finds me, I had better hope I can get on a bus or plane bound for New Zealand (and make him think it is to Spain instead) before he can catch me, or I might find myself getting carted back to the Kingdumb Hell before I can do anything about it.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Being DF and having to work with jdubs is awkward. I have noticed that I have the ability to make them comfortable around me as long as I play the role, but they do not have the ability to make me comfortable around them. The strong can support the weak, but the weak cannot support the strong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit