THIS Saturday, 12/10 - CULT FREE RADIO's first Christmas Special

by Mad Sweeney 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Cult Free Radio's "Holiday Show" starring Anondude2 and Mad Sweeney is now available online for listening or downloading to your own computer or phone.

The link can be found at the bottom of the page (Show #12). Be sure to share this link with your friends, even non-JWs, because Anondude2's discussion and analysis of the question "Are modern holiday celebrations pagan?" is timely and educational.

http://ex-jw.com/web-directory/cult-free-radio-archives-1-6

JV

• cedars
    cedars

I thoroughly enjoyed this show. Thanks to all who were involved.

I particularly found it helpful and interesting to consider the advice given about pinatas in the g03 9/22 (quoted below).

g039/22p.24ThePiñata—AnAncientTradition

When considering whether to include a piñata at a social gathering, Christians should be sensitive to the consciences of others. (1 Corinthians 10:31-33) A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues. The Bible says: “Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person.”—1 Corinthians 10:24.

I never knew that the practice of having a pinata was once frowned upon. What really blew me away was that the Society freely gave the above correct counsel, without noticing the irony that they fail to apply the same sound reasoning to the observation of Christmas.

Thank you, Anondude2, for drawing this to our attention.

Cedars

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Anondude2 was great. Thanks for all your support everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit