Our waitress @ Philly Phest was a JW!!!

by badwillie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• badwillie
    badwillie

Yes, she was - incredible huh?
    The first Philly Phest was a great success.
    5 adults and 2 children all enjoyed a fine dining experience in Princeton on Saturday night. Highlight of the night: the look on our JW waitress' face when she found out we were all XJW's.
    Maybe Flower can finish the story....

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

This was definitely a classic. We were all venting about our experiences in the Org during the night. Out of nowhere, the waitress asks flower if she is a JW because she heard us talking about JW stuff. Like a typical JW, she began prying flower for information. "You look familiar...", "Where do you go...", "Oh...You're disfellowshipped?". The classic line came when the waitress found out we were all former Dubs. She asks, "ALL of you are disfellowshipped???" Of course we all aren't df'd but the face on the waitress was a classic.
    To the waitress' credit, she didn't act indifferent towards us after learning our "spiritual" condition.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hey guys, I may know who she is, could you give me a description?

I'm kinda glad I didn't come, because I'm not officially out, and that certainly would've outed me if she recognized me.(I'm staying in long enough for my sisters wedding)

ashi

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh the irony is THICK!!

Slipnslidemaster:"Baywatch has enriched and, in many cases, helped save lives. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to continue with a project which has has such a significance for so many."
    - David Hasselhoff

• flower
    flower

It was wierd! But I have to say she was very nice. According to her she had sympathy for me because she had been df'd before.

I still wish we had slipped her a little info about the org. But then again its her place of work maybe not appropriate.

Ashi, I just know her first name was Linda.

flower

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

teeeeheeeee! Anyone know her name?

closer

Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
    Sand and water, and a million years gone by - beth nielsen chapman

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

You should find out her hall and then let them know that she was talking to exers. Then she will experience Christian love first hand.

Slipnslidemaster:"Baywatch has enriched and, in many cases, helped save lives. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to continue with a project which has has such a significance for so many."
    - David Hasselhoff

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

ashi-
    She was in her late thirties (maybe) and she had curly brown hair pulled back into a pony tail. She had some small cirles under her eyes. She was small to medium built.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I don't think I know her, although there are a couple of possibilites.....still glad I wasn't there, though.

Hey folks, for 1A, could we not tell the help that we're Ex-JWs? :):):):):), thanks (just until after my sister's wedding)

BTW, when is 1A?

ashi

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Funny, Ashitaka. It was kind of the topic of conversation, so we were overheard. See my last paragraph above the signature at

* http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=21832&site=3

Maybe reservations under "Rutherford" would be a little too cluefull. Maybe someone else who would also be disfellowshipped under current Watchtower bylaws, but who was not so influential to the sect. "Jesus, party of 13, your table is ready."

Bodhisattva

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit