The Jehovah Witness dilemna

by N.drew 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, but who will receive the NEW LIGHT when the anointed have gone away?.... How will the errors in the Watchtower be corrected? Can't you see if their scenerio worked out (the destruction, the great crowd, the new world order, the resurrection), the Watchtower would become god because nobody would be remaining who is authorized to change it.

So I said, you don't believe me, how will you believe Moses? We are both people. We both have thinking ability. So there is only three choices. 1. Watchtower is the WORD 2. Watchtower isn't the last word, so we do not have to speak in agreement about it. 3. It isn't the last word, but we must speak in agreement about it untill the time someone you judge worthy arrives to change it (which is judging, something your not suppose to do-it would show opposition to the "God is not partial" rule).

Number 2 is correct. Then why dismiss people as trouble makers who disagree with the Watchtower?

Will Moses be dismissed as I am sure he will disagree?

But OMG he's Moses, you will listen to changes he would make. Really? How will you know it is Moses and not an imposter?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

N.Drew, I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my 30's, and I think with the latest Generation teaching, they've got this problem settled for at least 2-3 decades from now. I mean hell, if the youngest on the GB are in their late 50's, they could stretch this out for another 30 years, maybe even make the case that even they, have contemporaries. By that time we'll all be old and lifeless anyway, and at the rate young people are leaving this religion, there won't be much to talk about.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If they are looking for some recommendations, here is what I propose.

They cannot change doctrine until people like us are still alive. So, they need to hunker down, do just enough to maintain their not-for-profit status and do whatever possible to retain cash.

In 30-40 years they should re-emerge as a new and exciting Christian sect.

In the meantime it is a strategy of damage control.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Miz..

It can be stretched out a lot longer than 20 or 30 years..

What about a baby thats born next year and some of the generation of 1914 are still here..

That baby just overlapped with the 1914 generation..

Times that by all the babys born next year..We`re good for another 80-100 years..

In 80 to 100 years whose going to remember the generation of 1914?..

...OUTLAW

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

LOL, you're right Outlaw. Geez, it's scary to think about. So all the JWs who know it's a crock, are pretty much trapped in because the GB is playing damage control. Hell, some on the GB might want to implement some radical changes too, but they're just as trapped by it all as the rest of us are.

• watson
    watson
    So if you question anything..... You're Questioning Jehovah!

That's ok. Just don't question the Governing Body.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Hell, some on the GB might want to implement some radical changes too, but they're just as trapped by it all as the rest of us are.

Hey Miz..

The WBT$ is Never trapped..

They can make up what ever BS they want..

JW`s will accept it..JW`s don`t care..

Those that do,will be DF`d if they don`t shut up..

That plan has worked for the WBT$ since before you and I were born..

They`re not about to change something that works..

Corruption is Built into the WBT$ System..

JW`s are Disposable..

Life goes on in Watchtower World..

...OUTLAW

• Vinny
    Vinny

As the Governing Body memebers die (and they don't all die at once), somebody else often replaces them. It is a gradual and continuous thing. There will never be a day when there is no governing body. So your question is moot and will never need to be dealt with.

Your exaqct question could have also been asked 50 years ago. And the same answer would apply, simply by looking at today's Governing Body.

As long as there are people willing to drink the Koolaid and believe the GB represents God Himself, then the leaders know there will always NEED TO BE be a Governing Body system simply to preserve the life of the JW institution itself.

Without the, "God directs the Faithful Slave and no one else", belief and teaching that all JW's are force fed, then membership would dry up.

But being special, one of the few, the chosen ones, etc has great value in the eyes of many people and most all JWs. Contrary to what they say again and again, most individual JWs are not very humble at all.

The fact that the organization formally considers any opposing or critical viewpoints of the GB and or Watchtower organization as 'Apostasy', or 'ideas crafted by the devil' etc, is a built in protection which helps keep the average JW in the dark regarding the MANY mistakes which can undermine their claims that God directs them, and keeps these people towing the JW line.

It is a clever system and one that can be very difficult to find one's way out of.

Vinny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit