Why No One Should Judge You For Celebrating Holidays

by lilbluekitty 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day." Colossians 2:16 NIV (In some other translations, religious festival is translated holiday or holy day)

• wobble
    wobble

Yes, but the "Flock" book is greater than the Bible, so Elders WILL judge you.

• carla
    carla

I had pointed this scripture out to my jw many times in the past. He would get all bent out of shape about the 'new moon' and ask me if it was ok to celebrate a new moon. I would repeat the scripture and he could not get past 'new moon'. sigh.

• trueblue
    trueblue

In a book study I remember something about some men in the bible who was with God's people (Isrealites or something) but anyway he was a follower then he went with the others (Baal worshipers or something) but anyways God had them destroyed and the one man that left their beleif God give him a descent burial, the only one out of all that was destroyed. That was supposed to show that God does not forget when you do something for him according to WTS, but I think it should be telling us that you do not have the right to judge and what ever someone else is doing is between them and God.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Of course, the witlesses don't actually abide by the Bible. Rather, if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has a doctrine that you can prove wrong using their own Bible, you are still supposed to abide by and teach the bad doctrine until they themselves fix it. Thus, even though you are going by the Bible, you are "running ahead of Jehovah" if you celebrate Christmas based on this scripture before the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger gives you permission.

And, there is Luke 2:10-14. Any Christian should read that and realize that it is perfect angels celebrating the first Christmas in heaven. Was there another batch of demons resulting from that incident? I don't think so. Yet, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger insists you go by and teach the bad doctrine (that is, that celebrating Christmas is evil and worthy of getting destroyed) until and unless they themselves fix it. For instance, suppose they were to decide that, based on these scriptures, that Christmas was acceptable in 2012. If you celebrated it in 2011 before they fix the doctrine, you are "running ahead of Jehovah" and thus "worthy of destruction" because of that.

• sabastious
    sabastious

That scripture surely is damning. Where's DJEggnogs 60 pages of retort?

-Sab

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I mostly posted it for the benefit of those who feel guilty celebrating holidays such as Christmas, I know JWs won't listen to reason.

And yes, WTWizard, those angels really were celebrating the first Christmas and I have noticed that about most JW doctrines that they flip-flop on. It's pretty sad.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I would like to add to my theory that if God remembered the man that abandend true worship and went with the Baal worshipers and yet God give him a descent burial, why would God give him a descent burial if God was not going to give him some sort of afterlife???

• bob1999
    bob1999

Romans 14

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord.

Peace

• scary21
    scary21

Bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit