This happend in our congregation about the UN

by caballoSentado 20 Replies latest jw friends

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Dear friends

This is my story (in development)…

Firstly, since my native language is spanish, bear with any erros in writing & simple sentences, please.

I a JW 45 years old, married, 2 sons (15 & 10 y.o.) and a girl (2 y.o.). The UN scandal made me start an investigation 4 months ago, I have been lurking in this site for 3 months already. This is what happened:

Around a week after the news in the Guardian newspaper I, as I told you, came across this news by chance on the Internet. At that time a very good friend of mine & elder of our congregation (Brother F) was out of town, so I asked him by mail if he could check whether this thing was true. We both started our investigations & we both realized that the WT had put her feet in it & worse, they had lied in the "Letter to all Branches" telling that they had afilliated for using the library card. We kept my investigation & found out about the compromise with the nazis with the "Declaration of Facts" & the "Letter to Hitler" & many bad things more. I went to the Branch in my country & to talk to an elder there about this UN affair and his answer was "That is what the Society has told as to say"… My wife told me not to risk my neck by I spoke to the elders of our congo (my friends too), & they came home. they had no answer. After a week the came home again, the told me that the had new information from the branch. But nothing new… they kept silent when I showed them the information I had. I also spoke to another elder of our congregation (Brother L), He had had problems with unjust treatment of things by the Branch. After giving him copies of all the information I had and talking for a couple of hours he agreed with me completely and told "They lied!" and asked me to keep him informed. So in our congo, out of 4 elders, 2 have already seen this hipocrisy, another elder is half convinced & the last one in mute. Things are calmed now, but I do not know for how long. There are a total or 12 or 15 people who know this UN affair in our congregation, they all agree with us…. but there is a silence code now…some people (friends) of a couple of congos know too. This is like eggs, they will hatch for sure, when?… maybe with the next visit of the CO. Also, my sister-in-law (a catholic) is buying Raymond Franz books next week.

In the mean time Brother F asked me to write to this forum for help. Could you?

1. We need specific quotes of the WT. Quotes that show lies, not contradictions.

2. In the Jun 1, 1991 Watchtowser, they charge the Catholic Church with collaborating with the UN and tell about a book that affirms that there were 24 Catholic organizations supporting the UN in that year. Could some of them be NGOs? Does anybody know the name of the book & its author?. If at least one of those Catholic Organizations was an NGO, they are in trouble.

Thanks for any help friends.

Caballo Sentado

• 2SYN
    2SYN

The cracks are appearing

It's nice to see somebody in the Org actually questioning something for a change. I wish you the best of luck, caballoSentado - hopefully someone like AlanF will post here and help u further. I'd like to warn u tho that the WTBTS is going to come down on you hard. You will be shunned if you dare to question the beliefs and laws you have given all these years. In fact, if you are bold enough to question their teachings publicly, I'm sure you know what will happen.

Freedom comes at a price, and often that price is everything.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• zev
    zev

i dont have the time to write to you a long post, but, i'd like to direct you to the site below.

it has all the documentation you need.

thanks for your post.

i hope the site helps you.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Hola amigo!

No hablo mucho espaniol, perro aqui estan informacion excellente:

http://watchtower.observer.org

http://www.freeminds.org

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm

Religion n.
    An organisation designed to promote atheism.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Hermano caballoSentado,

Ya hay casi mil de hermanos usando el boletin y webpagina mencionados abajo, y por lo tanto si llega a ser su deseo de salir de la Sociedad Atalaya mientras sigando con asociacion espirtual, lo puedes sacar tambien. Si, la mensaje tuya fue bien escrito y comprendido. Si necesita mas informacion o quisiera copias del boletin etcetera, puedes contactar [email protected]

Translation=Uebersetzung=Oversettelse=Traducere=Umaczenie http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTranhttp://www.babelfish.altavista.com

Las negocias por email de Los Cristianos Libres tocante a la Biblia, religion, ciencia y salud, son gratises para todos lectores. Tambien damos la amistad espiritual a los que la desea. Damos enfasis a la unidad por el AMOR (Col 3:14) en vez de uniformidad de creencias aunque muchos creen que la resurreccion sera en la tierra para unos y al cielo para otros, y usan Padre/Yah/Yahweh/Jehova/Senor. Fundado 1998. Para el boletin gratis, Noticias Cristianos Libres, favor de decir que la desea a jahchristian@ yahoo.com http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your messages,
    Zev, I already have a lot of information about the UN. I had already visited your site. thanks!. What I want to find out now is about the
    24 Catholic organizations I mentioned in my previous post. That seems
    important to me. As for the WT coming against me, do not worry. I am
    the only witness in my family, and about my wife's family, the already
    know this UN affair and agree with me. So I we'll be able to stand the
    hit. I love God & Jesus more than any organization.

Bye friends,

Gracias por la respuesta en español, revisare el forum

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

The italicized portion appears on page 17 of the June 1, 1991 Watchtower.

-----------------------------------------------

"Prayer And Meditation At The United Nations"-- Robert Muller

"Prayer, meditation and spirituality at the UN are fascinating subjects. All major world religions are accredited to the United Nations as non-governmental organizations. For example, no less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. Several of the world's religious leaders have visited the international organization. Most memorable were the visits of His Holiness Pope Paul VI during the General Assembly in 1965 and of Pope John Paul II in 1979. Many religions have special invocations, prayers, hymns and services for the United Nations. The most important examples are those of the Catholic, the Unitarian-Universalist, the Baptist and the Bahai faiths. It is a common practice of the Unitarian-Universalists to display the United Nations flag in their houses of worship. So does the Holy Family Church, the parish church of the UN, with its international reliquary and its many religious services and activities catering to world peace and to the international community.

"When it comes to the United Nations proper, one can obviously not say that it is a spiritual organization. How could it be otherwise? For the UN is the creation and mirror of governments, most of whom have 'secularized' themselves, i.e., separated spirituality from their daily lives and preoccupations. Nevertheless, prayer and spirituality play an important role in the United Nations. It is a moving experience, for example, to witness the minute of silence for prayer or meditation at the opening of the yearly General Assembly, when men and women from all nations center their minds and souls on the job to be done and when at the end of the Assembly a similar minute of silence permits them to reflect on their achievements and failures. Thus, the world's first universal gatherings of nations are placed under the symbol of prayer or meditation. Also, there are many delegates and world servants whose cultures do not make any distinction between spirituality and public service. Then there are those who are deeply attached to their faiths or for whom the United Nations is a new form of spirituality and ethics, while they remain faithful to their respective religions. Some delegates are known to meditate in a place of worship before speaking in a UN assembly. One of the greatest orators ever at the United Nations, Professor Belaunde from Peru, meditated on his speeches in St. Patrick Cathedral. Then we have the UN Meditation Room, which is visited by hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. We have also a UN Meditation Group led by an Indian mystic. One could tell several moving stories of the spiritual transformation the UN has caused, to the point that this little speck on earth is becoming a holy ground. For example, the rational, intellectual economist Dag Hammarskiöld found God at the United Nations and inspiration for his work as a world servant in the mystics of the Middle Ages. Towards the end, his Markings overflow with spirituality and mysticism."

• nelly136
    nelly136

. http://www.c-fam.org/FAX/fax_1998/faxv1n9.html

not sure if this is the kind of thing youre looking for
    as I'm not overly familiar with catholiscism (sp?)

nelly

• moman
    moman

Caballo, sometimes I think FREE people care more about these issues than the Watchtower society. Maybe they think their followers are so brainwashed, they can say anything & get away with it!

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Thanks madApostate for your prompt response!

That confirms it! They charged the Catholic religion with supporting the UN when they found out that 24 Catholic organizations where affilitated to the UN as NGO's!
    What Will they say about their own affilitation?.

Have a good day
    Caballo Sentado

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit