Has domestic abuse against JW women relented over the last 10 years? Discuss.

by cedars 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• beth_
    beth_

Oh, I should also mention that the pedophile grandpa is a JW in good standing! My mom works in the courts and has first hand knowledge (but it's also public record) of both of these things (the abusive husband going to jail overnight, his DUI's, and the grandpa spending time in prison because they keep a record of registered predatory sex offenders).

• cedars
    cedars

Hi beth_ - thanks so much for sharing. It's really shocking what goes on behind closed doors (and in this case, in 'public'). Experiences like the one you've related really make me shudder. And, as you point out, all of this happened within the last 10 years - AND they are still together.

It's truly awful stuff.

Cedars

edit post: the pedophile grandpa is a JW in good standing! - I guess that figures...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I decided to check out the state pedophile base to see if any pedophiles were registered living in this exurb hick town. My guess would be maybe one if measured broadly. When I paid the fee, I could not believe the hundreds all around me. This is a rural area and I wonder if they don't live in the back of farms or on trailers.

Next, I wanted some quick money but not enough to lose disability benefits so I interviewed for a residential counselor position. The house was so nice. Very nice. When I arrived, I was told it was to constantly monitor mentally challenged teens guilty of pedophile abuse but judged incompetent by a court to stand trial. The furniture was so nice. They went on field trips all the time. I was in total shock b/c it was close to where I reside. Looking at the windows from the inside, I saw kiddie pools in adjoining yards. I doubt that anyone ever looked the place up. It was so high end. Clearly, it was far better than a regular developmental facility. If people knew, they could protect their children.

I told every neighbor and people at church about what I stumbled upon. It blew their mind.

They don't have the capacity to control their sex drives but should an entire neighborhood of children be affected. Please, 24/7. Right.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I decided to check out the state pedophile base to see if any pedophiles were registered living in this exurb hick town. My guess would be maybe one if measured broadly. When I paid the fee, I could not believe the hundreds all around me. This is a rural area and I wonder if they don't live in the back of farms or on trailers.

Next, I wanted some quick money but not enough to lose disability benefits so I interviewed for a residential counselor position. The house was so nice. Very nice. When I arrived, I was told it was to constantly monitor mentally challenged teens guilty of pedophile abuse but judged incompetent by a court to stand trial. The furniture was so nice. They went on field trips all the time. I was in total shock b/c it was close to where I reside. Looking at the windows from the inside, I saw kiddie pools in adjoining yards. I doubt that anyone ever looked the place up. It was so high end. Clearly, it was far better than a regular developmental facility. If people knew, they could protect their children.

I told every neighbor and people at church about what I stumbled upon. It blew their mind.

They don't have the capacity to control their sex drives but should an entire neighborhood of children be affected. Please, 24/7. Right.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Has domestic abuse against JW women relented over the last 10 years?

Of course, a lot longer than that since the WTS. has purposely created a position for woman to be in subjective

and submissive control of their husbands. This expressed doctrine which they derived no less from the social morals of the

ancient Hebrew sect thousands of years ago, circumvents many types of abuse in respect toward woman in marriages.

There is now more open public awareness about this problem throughout the general population, which has changed how these problems

are addressed, but with in regards to the WTS. and how they address the situation, abuse of women in a marriage by their husbands

is more about acceptance and keeping the problem quiet between two individuals. The WTS. is always more concerned about their

outward public image in the world, rather than inner singular inter-personal relationships within their following (flock).

In this day and age of sexual equality expressed for and toward woman, these old antiquated social standards by religious doctrines

by men for the complacent power of themselves, really creates and instigates a lot of problems in marriages today.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My experience with jw domestic violence was more than 20 years ago but just a few years ago I heard from an inactive jw relative that a young woman was in the very same situation that I was in. The jw husband was threatening her life and physically abusing her. When she refused to stay in the relationship the elders informed her that she would have to prove adultery on his part in order to remarry.

For those of you who have never been in this situation, let me enlighten you. Being able to remarry is the least of the domestic violence victim's problem. The problem is that the abuser, the predator who injured the victim maintains control. In order to be truly free, you must either stalk the person who was thretening/trying to kill you or passively wait for the abuser to publically commit adultery or confess to it. FAT CHANCE that a master manipulator is ever going to do that!

Domestic violence and its effects against jw women will never relent until the Watchtower changes its stupid rules. Even if the victim removes him or herself from the physical violence, the emotional abuse continues. Your whole future depends upon the actions of a person who somehow couldn't manage to stop humself from beating and threatening the woman he is supposed to love as he loves his own body and as Christ loved the congregation. This organization makes me sick!

• cedars
    cedars

Domestic violence and its effects against jw women will never relent until the Watchtower changes its stupid rules.

Thank Jamiebowers - that's how I suspected it is. As you point out, the whole system is currently configured to favor the abuser. All he needs to do is play the 'waiting game', and he remains in complete control of the situation. No matter what little positive material the Society may have sporadically published on domestic abuse, it is over-ruled by the Society's approach to marriage and divorce, and experiences such as the one recently published help to drill home how little they REALLY consider the true ramifications of domestic abuse.

Cedars

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I know of an older Witness woman who married an elder. He had abused his late wife,and he abused his new wife. He threatened her life several times,leaving a gun and bullets lying around. He put too much air in her car tires on purpose.

She has left him several times. And the elders still encouraged her to stay with her husband. She has left him,hopefully for good this time.

This is a recent case. So,the elders are continuing to give lousy advice for victims of domestic voilence.

Her son-in-law is an elder,and the elders threatened to remove him as an elder,because they said he was interferring with his mother-in-law's marriage. This was because he let his mother-in-law move in with him and his wife,since she left her abusive husband.

Her husband was removed as an elder,but they let him work on remodeling the assembly hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit