Born ins..Were You Forced to Be a JW Growing Up?

by LostGeneration 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• d
    d

Yes We started going in 1995 by 16 I wanted out, By 17 I was out for good.

• 2tone
    2tone

Oh yeah. Most everybody was forced to be a witness. My parents were more laxed than others but it was a miserable time growing up. I attended prom and played sports and stuff. I successfully led a double life. It was so stressful trying to juggle everything. I remember a sister taking me to the backroom and questioning about what she heard from another teen. "I heard from that you get drunk and have had many sexual partners". I was like no not me. Later she called my parents and told them. There were like well what did he say. He denied it. Dumb!@# !@#%. Later she got disfellowshipped for sex. Then she got reinstated. Married a jw a week after he got out of prison. then he went back to jail for like 6 months. Then he got disfellowshipped. She is still lonely and still married to the loser. She acts like everyone should feel sorry for here. Didnt you know all jws are good people even if there currently in jail.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Was never forced.

They never had to.

My parents got involved when I was about nine years old, my grandmother had been baptized two years prior to that.

I went to meetings several times on my own and also gave talks etc before my dad did.

Was a small eager discipline who actually found real delight in theocratic activities..

Sort of theocratic geek. ha ha....

They never denied us things, we had the freedom to do, but we were so disciplined that we never did anything mischievous anyway...

Of course, apart from me falling away as an elder and later a gay man.... So I guess I made up for all the good behaviour... ;-).

Ps: am now married and live just as orderly as before ;-) But have added celebrations etc to it!

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Wow! They are actually peddling that line of crap now? I don't post a lot on here but do come in and read sometimes to see what is happening. That is a shock even for them. My mother has been involved in the outfit since she was 4, my father was tossed when I was 5. He allowed her to drag me along as a kid though since he said someday he will tell them where to go like I did.

And.. at the age of 18 I sure did. Been a good 23 years without that mess though I had years of guilt afterwards until researching and finding the true nature of the cult.

One of the main reasons I left back then was I vowed to never raise a child up in that religion. But to say the parents don't shove it down the kids throat every second of everyday is BS.

Hope everyone here is doing well. :)

Rick

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I was forced to go to the meetings, I would have rather stayed home and watched TV on thursday nights......(Thursday night was the best TV night when I was growing up).

I was also forced to go out in service on Saturday mornings when I would have rather slept in and watched cartoons.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

There was no choice or even the illusion of choice.

Technically not a born in, was only 3 years old when mother started studying.

• curiouscynic
    curiouscynic

Born-in and indoctrinated by parental force. Just after my 17th birthday my dad and I had one of those, "if you live under my roof you will" sort of chats. I packed all my stuff and left. Never went back home. But I tried the JWs again a few years later. The second time I left for more profound reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit