Why Some Suffer Spiritual Shipwreck

by mankkeli 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• designs
    designs

www.surfrider.org Keeping Beaches a Paradise every weekend.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

sd-7 - ALso note this from the same publication;

15 Jehovah wants us to serve him because we love him, not just Paradise. The Bible encyclopedia Insight on the Scriptures states: “Jehovah glories in the fact that his sovereignty and the support of it by his creatures is based primarily on love. He desires only those who love his sovereignty because of his fine qualities and because it is righteous, who prefer his sovereignty to any other. (1Co 2:9) They choose to serve under his sovereignty rather than try to be independent—this because of their knowledge of him and of his love, justice, and wisdom, which they realize far surpasses their own. (Ps 84:10, 11)”—Volume 2, page 275

OUTLAW- did you swap YOUR love for God for the temporary enjoyment of sin?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    did you sink because paradise has refused to be established on earth?

JW "paradise" is not a sentient being, so it cannot refuse anything.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Drawn by the hope of “Paradise soon,” some were prepared to spare no efforts to attain it—zealous in the preaching work and regular in attendance at all meetings, assemblies, and conventions.

In what 'Jesus' or 'Jehovah' world do you live if you swallow this tripe?

"Preaching" by the JW definition of it - is not scriptural, and can be proven so.

"Meetings", "Assemblies", "Conventions" - these words do not appear in Jesus' words at all, do they?

The WTS is setting up false dilemmas, and then giving correction of course for those false dilemmas. Jesus [nor your Jehovah] never commanded these things - the Watchtower commands them, and the worship of those who follow them. Of course they make you think you are worshiping Jehovah, but it is needed for them to use these 'Meetings, Assemblies, and Conventions' as a venue to migrate funds from your pocket to their pocket. [They now make it easier at some of those places with handy-dandy ATM's right on convention grounds. Pay up - Jesus needs your support.

Jeff

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I know Outlaw doesn't need me to defend him. He's good at holding his own, but, that just cracks me up. I know as a JW I used to think all that left were some immoral fools Somehow (oh that's right by brainwashing) I thought all ex-jw's couldn't keep there pants on or took druggs.... Now I see the truth.... I hate that word to be honest but it fit.... I'm more moral then I was as a JW. I mean now I love people for who they are and don't judge.... I'm much nicer. I curse once in a while, drink too much when I feel like it... But, all and all a more moral person

Peace to all

FS

• sd-7
    sd-7
    You have solidly refuted the WT's claims

I'm sorry, did I read that correctly? Well, thank you for acknowledging the logic of my position. I also appreciate your rebuttal--I'm sorry, this was not entirely in your own words, but it is equivalent to your rebuttal.

did you sink because paradise has refused to be established on earth?

Well, hopefully no one has. Any who were stumbled needlessly are on the conscience of the Watchtower Society and its agents, who share the blame for publishing misleading and false promises regarding the Kingdom. The delay of the Kingdom's arrival did nothing to impact my faith. I found it more damaging to my faith that men were willing to resort to unchristian, legalistic methods in order to keep me loyal to their organization.

Attending the meetings sponsored by the individuals who are willfully responsible for teaching falsehoods--and continue to hold to a position of moral and spiritual superiority with a false pretense of God-given authority--would put me in the same, or worse, position than if I went to another random Christian church. I could not in good conscience continue to preach their message. I use what opportunities I find to explain the message of Jesus Christ in my everyday life. Without anyone looking over my shoulder to make sure I'm spending enough hours doing so.

If refusing to continue sharing responsibility for the wrongs of a group of men is equivalent to spiritual shipwreck in your mind, I have no problem whatsoever with your viewing me as 'shipwrecked'. I, for one, loved being one of Jehovah's Witnesses, especially because I believed they had the truth. However, realities of their rules and doctrine forced me to reconsider my position. Having spent considerable time in study and research regarding the Bible and this organization's history, I concluded that I had been wrong--this religion was not 'the truth' at all, but had merely been what I assumed was the truth. Honest examination forced me to reject what I could no longer accept as true, and to face the consequences of that choice.

--sd-7

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My post was about the WBT$ and an Idiot..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'll add again, the Paradise earth was never a major focus in my spiritual life; I felt it was more important to be obedient to God and keep myself spiritually clean. I preferred to worry about the Paradise when I got there. God never had to bribe me; I believed that doing things his way was the right thing and for that reason alone was worth the struggle. I still believe that living a life of moral uprightness is the right thing to do, regardless of my eternal future.

--sd-7

• james_woods
    james_woods
    did you sink because God delayed in establishing paradise on earth?

Well, I see you tried to fix what you first wrote.

But that is also a complete miss. How do you know God delayed anything?

Did you ever consider that the JWs just prophecied it to be coming when it was not?

- a better way to phrase it would be: did you sink because the JWs claimed it was going to come at a certain time, and it DID NOT COME?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    mank to sd: did you sink because God delayed in establishing paradise on earth?
    mank to outlaw: did you swap YOUR love for God for the temporary enjoyment of sin?

^ This is blatant trolling and trying to get a rise out of posters for the sake of it. Outlaw may be trying to get a rise out of you, but he always puts facts, of which he would back up with more facts, into his antagonisms. You are bored, lonely, have a the creativity of a rock and you act like a child, mankkeli.

Insufferable!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit