The Beast-Tower #1: Questions from Beastly Readers: Should Christians Drink Water?

by sd-7 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

Dear Bro. SD-7,

I do appreciate that you may not have enough time or resources to answer all questions, especially if you feel they are too trivial and have already been answered in your insightful words.

Could you advise whether a christian should be bathing in water? I am particularly concerned in regards to this matter due to my upcoming baptism.

• carla
  • sd-7
    sd-7

Dear EndofMysteries:

We appreciate your concern. Regarding your personal decision to move to a different area, a simple scriptural principle can be applied. At 1 Corinthians 5:9, 10, the apostle Paul wrote to "quit mixing in company" with unrepentant sinners. However, he recognized the limitations of this instruction. Living in this wicked world, we are exposed to a variety of unhealthy influences as we work, attend school, shop, or care for our other necessary business. Since we cannot simply leave this world, we must for a time put up with its unwholesome "spirit of the air". (Eph. 2:1, 2) Could an extremely humid climate potentially damage one's relationship with Jehovah? No more than going about one's necessary activities in any other facet of life.

We trust you will be encouraged by this Bible counsel and make a personal decision in harmony with divine principles.

Your Brother,

sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Dear Listener:

We are overjoyed to hear of your decision to seek baptism. The beginning of your relationship with Jehovah will no doubt find you energized to pursue the ministry with zeal and build up your fellow brothers.

Jesus himself provides the example of proper use of water. At John 13:3-10, Jesus humbly washes the feet of his disciples on the night before he was to be impaled. He spoke approvingly of proper and regular bathing. Hence, we have scriptural evidence in support of the use of water for bathing and cleansing purposes.

Again, Jesus shows us a fine example in presenting himself for water baptism. At Matthew 3:13-17, Jesus goes into the water to be baptized by John the Baptizer. However, rather than lingering in the water for the sake of drinking it, Jesus came up out of the water. As he did not drink it, holy spirit in the form of a dove, along with Jehovah's voice from heaven, confirmed his approved spiritual state.

Hence, we can see no potential conflict with Bible principles in your decision to be baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. We send you our warmest love and heartfelt prayers for a "future and a hope." (Jer. 29:11)

Your Brother,

sd-7

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

SD, I guarantee they either hate you or love you in the Writing Department.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    SD, I guarantee they either hate you or love you in the Writing Department.

LOL. Perhaps so. If I get an anonymous call from Bethel offering me a job, I'll know they've been paying attention...

--sd-7

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

BTTT, as this is one of the most creative pieces of writing.

• finally awake
    finally awake

sd-7, you are truly a genius! I have laughed myself silly reading all the articles from the Breast Tower

• afreeman
    afreeman

Bloody brilliant.

• processor
    processor
    They stole it from us!

Well, not really. After all, I stole the idea from someone else.

Anyway, I already covered the same topic in the February 2008 Our Boredom Ministry:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit