Putting up my "midwinter pagan festival blinken light tree" - I got's questions

by darthfader 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Also, I just can't be trusted to care for a live tree properly. I'll forget to water it, I'll leave it up too long, the needles will fall all over. I'm telling you---I KNOW me! I keep a very sparse home because I don't like to take care of things. I have never kept an indoor plant alive and giving me one is certain death. ..." New Chapter

AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

None of MY kitties for you!!!

Zid

• watersprout
    watersprout

Previous Christmas's we had a fake tree, but this year I desperately want a real tree.... I hate the thought of just cutting down a tree and having it die in the house so I can put pretty things on it.... Soooooo I have found a place nearby that lets you dig up your own tree, pot it and then when Christmas is over you re-plant it. So my garden will end up with a pretty Christmas tree, that should annoy our next door neighbour Mwahahahahahahaha *evil laugh*

Peace

• charlie brown jr.
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

Absolutely no question. Real tree.

As I sit here with the scent of a lovely Noble Fir filling the air.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh my goodness that was hilarious.

My tree will be lovingly dug up, roots and all and will carry on living in a pot, then re-planted outside.... Soooooo no tree massacre in this house lol!

Peace

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

None of MY kitties for you!!!

LOL! I'm 'lergic to those too! But my dogs do well enough---cuz they can speak and ask for water before they dry up and their needles fall out.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL, that video was hysterical.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Aesthetically, a new tree is so much better than a fake one. I won't even use faux, fake. The problem is that they dry out like crazy and can almost ignite themselves. They are illegal in any interior public space in NY b/c of the fire hazard. You can feel the sap in the branches when they are dry. One year I paid almost $100. for a real tree. The weather was warm which made it a wonderful year. No matter how much I watered the tree, it went bad. With a real one, you have to be ready to get it down and in a safe place in record time. No fooling around.

If you tree is prelit, just add more lights. My tree is prelit and it is much darker than what I am used to in a tree. The lights don't seem as bright, either.

I have a tree problem that maybe others would know how to manage. Despite purchasing a very good artifical tree, it has too much suppleness in its joints after only two or three years. My tree is ornament heavy. Is there anyway to make the joints tighter? Another concern I have is that I live alone now. I can't pick it up and carry it. I end up dragging it in its case. If it is messed up, I am reverting to a real tree. I might need a Xmas tree removal fund if I am too ill or too busy to get rid of it properly.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Wow! Thanks for all the advice! I think I'll have some guilt if I pick a cut tree over a man made one... The only consolation is that they are grown on tree farms. I also have to worry about it drying out I live in Phoenix (the capital of dry). Maybe this year I'll go small and pick a 3ft potted tree and plant it in my back yard when I'm done (which it'll probably die as nothing really grows well here unless you dump water on it - not a good thing to do in a desert)

On the techy side of things, I was thinking about putting together a small light controller and controlling the tree lights with music or ??

cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit