Suicide yes, I have concidered it.

by Shane 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Those who know me personally know that I have dealt with serious illness for a very long time. That challenge has been compounded by serious illness with my wife and son. I suspect that most individuals who wake up day after day, year after year feeling poorly are going to consider suicide at some point. One of the interesting comments I read some time ago on this subject defined suicide as what happens when one's coping resources exceed the level of pain in their lives. From this perspective the solution appears clear and straightforward - reduce the pain or increase the coping resources - either can work.

Unfortunately, there are some individuals with circumstances that cannot be improved and in fact are deteriorating - generating more and more pain with the progression of time. This is both heart breaking for the person and those around them.

The one remaining alternative in these situations is to increase coping resources and there are plenty of examples we can point to where individuals have successfully been able to do this despite dealing with incredible amounts of pain in their lives. At some point quality of life comes into the picture but that is another post.

I am reminded of something written many years ago that expresses my feelings quite well:

"John Quincy Adams is well but the house in which he lives at the present time is becoming delapidated. It's tottering on its foundations. Time and the seasons have nearly destroyed it. Its roof is pretty well worn out. Its walls are much shattered and tremble with every wind. I think John Quincy Adams will have to move out of it soon. But he himself is quite well, quite well."

John Quincy Adams 1767-1848

Be well,

Lee

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

Shane,

You are going to be just fine! You've been thru quite the deal. Your life has been a juggling act. I know at times you feel very down and depressed, then you feel really good about yourself because you have made such advancments because you know the 'truth' is not the truth. It's enough to make the sanist of people think they are crazy. That's the way the 'org' has designed it. While, being a true dub, you were trained to always question the 'world or worldly', but never the org.
    You have a huge family in the 'truth' and you love and miss them and still want them in your life. It's only natural/normal.

Shane, the situation concerning your daughter was and still is a major concern for us. Yes, I know you. Your daughter is also, having her ups and downs. She's seen a whole lot of garbage, but she will make it out. She spent Christmas Day at our house and had a blast. She's a doll. While we were jws, she was always at our home, went on ski trips with us, camping, etc. Just yesterday I asked my daughter about her. She said she had talked to her just the weekend before, they will be making plans for later.

What your ex-wife's perverted husband did to her, well....he's back in prison. The sad thing is she should have never been put in such a situation. Our hearts go out to you, and her.

Shane, as for trying to find the right woman, don't worry... she'll find you. Sorry you're going thru all of this, take care.

SUSCARRA

• Candle
    Candle

We do care. Never give into the urge to end things. I've lost some nice friends and nearly lost others. We don't want to lose you or anyone else. Too many have come and gone. God remembers and may we all remember. Stick with us, Shane, and others who read this.

• alamb
    alamb

Hey Shane,
    You are always such a help whenever anyone else needs it. You have my number! Use it!
    We know the truth about the wifey and the new husband and what you are dealing with...and guess what? We stand by you.
    We are here.
    alamb...sm

• Shane
    Shane

From Shane:
    Thanks to all of you.
    I had to stop and think about my life through the perspectives that you all reminded me of, to see a that there is light at the end of this tunnel.
    The trick is to maintain that ability.
    Thanks to the two familles that know me well and the others.
    I know there a God that sees all things and understands all, I know he will reward you for your kindness to me in one way or another.
    My situation reminds me of a quote I heard many years ago:
    It is better to want someone then it is to need someone, it is not logical but it is sometimes true.
    ~Shane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit