Gary Speed - A Tragic Story

by sizemik 3 Replies latest social current

• sizemik
  • cantleave
    cantleave

I was shocked. Great player and was proving to be a successful manager.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Suicide is one of those things I will never understand...I have felt that way once before...seriously...but I was depressed and for good reason. Death, divorce etc all within a few months. But even then, I couldn't do that to my kids...and to be honest, If I hadn't had faith in god at that time I don't know what I would have done. I honestly don't know if the result would have been the same. I think it would have, because of my kids. But the strength to get me through...hmmm...I wonder

But this type of thing, I just don't get. He seemed happy...but then I suppose you never really know what's going on in someone elses head.

I worked with a guy that committed suicide...he seemed happy enough on the surface, but he couldn't take failure...he wanted to be a pilot in the army, when he was turned down...well...that was the end of that. I'm sure there was more to it, he was a lovely guy, I don't get it.

• cedars
    cedars

He was a great man and a good person. He will be sorely missed.

It is such a shame when these things happen so unexpectedly, and it is already too late to do anything to prevent it.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit