Award Winning Danish Movie on leaving JWs. You Tube link

by Balaamsass 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Saw this movie mentioned on You tube from an old thread. Seeing if it will post:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EIDwXYACfmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Its good, watched 15 minutes, I don't know if you can stitch it all together.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

It comes up in 15 minute increments on UTUBE I watched half the movie. Surprizingly accurate glimpse into JWs for a commercial film. You can see how strange the JW viewpoints are from an outside perspective. Since the Danes don't have Amish, JWs will have to do.

• simon17
    simon17

Not bad. Some things seemed a little off. Seemed like their willful praise at dropping out of school was a bit overboard. But other than that they're kind of liberal. Beards, pants in service for Sara, this dude walks in off the street and they say "as long as you're not intimate you can date"...

Also the guy's mother was a real bitch, even if she is right

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!

You must be referring to "Worlds Apart", or "Tu Verdener"...

I like that movie - have watched it about 10 times, now...

The guy's mother - I really liked HER character, though I also liked "Sara's" mother, too... I say, turn his mother LOOSE on those elders - "sic 'em!"

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Loved the english subtitles, this time. I saw glimpse of this film a while back.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Just watched all 8 sections.

''Very selfish of you to come here Sara (funeral) it hurt us all''

''dad, do you love jehovah more than me?''.......''yes''.......''why''?.......''because he created me and will give me eternal life''.....''dad, thats very selfish of you''.

Best lines of the film.

oz

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Very well done. The elders seemed VERY liberal!

I wonder whow many Danes saw this movie and what effect it had on the country.

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

great movie

i even stayed up past 3 to watch it all

a lot of the parts hit so close to home like the akwardness in explaining crazy beliefs and the shunning

gonna watch again in the future

Thanks for sharing Bala!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I did notice 3 interesting things in the film, that may be put down to being Europe?...

1. The elder with a beard

2. All prayers were said with eyes open

3. Sara was wearing what looked like Jeans out in F/S in one scene.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit