Why do they keep coming???

by OneDayillBeFree 10 Replies latest jw friends

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Why do studies and people non religious and Religous keep coming back to the meetings? I get the whole brain washing thing and that may very well be the most logical answer but I don't know. I know it's not because they found the truth or anything but being a born in and mentally out its just one of those lingering thoughts that pop up every meeting I go to...

I mean take the speaker for today. He started out by saying that "around the world today, millions and millions probably billions of people pray to god. But it's worthless because god doesn't answer their prayers!" I was like WTF????

And people seem to take it all in! Then he starts goin on about the "requirements" needed for Jehovah to listen to your prayers, then about how there's a difference between listening and hearing and then answering!

He said how people in Christendom once prayed during the attacks at 9/11 and how they ended up dying anyway! And how it was because Jehovah didn't listen to their prayers!

Then he had the balls to ask, "did jehovah answer his witnesses' prayers?... Is bethel still standing??... Well there you go!"

He made god look like a big effing a**hole! Who would wanna listen to shit like that and feel nice and fuzzy inside??

Thats why I ask what makes these people wanna return. What made you come back and when did you finally wake up and see??

• designs
    designs

OneDay-

A friend described it well as the 'Cocoon'.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Interesting description designs... It just seems to make no sense to me at times, but good point!

• blondie
    blondie

Saying God does not listen to the prayers of non-jws goes against all the little stories in the WT publications where non-jws are praying to God for help and jws drop by shortly after that.

*** Bible Teach book bt chap. 7 p. 59 par. 17 Declaring “the Good News About Jesus” *** (first used in 1995, then 2001, and again, same one)

As evidence that this is taking place, some of those whom we approach in our ministry say that they had been praying for spiritual guidance. Consider one experience in which two Kingdom publishers were accompanied by a small child. At the end of the morning, the two Witnesses were about to stop their preaching work, but the child was unusually eager to go to the next home. In fact, he went by himself and knocked on the door! When a young lady opened the door, the two adult Witnesses approached to talk to her. To their surprise, the woman explained that she had just been praying for someone to call on her to help her understand the Bible. A Bible study was arranged!

*** jv chap. 24 p. 550 By Human Power? Or by God’s Spirit? ***

On countless occasions, as they have shared in their ministry, they have seen convincing evidence of heavenly direction. For example, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, a group of Witnesses were completing their house-to-house calls one Sunday when one of the group said: “I want to continue working a while. For some reason I want to go to that house.” The one in charge of the group suggested that they leave it for another day, but the publisher insisted. At that door the Witness found a woman who, with tears streaming down her face, said that she had just been praying for help. She had previously been contacted by the Witnesses but had not shown interest in the Bible’s message. However, the sudden death of her husband had made her realize her need for spiritual help. She had looked for the Kingdom Hall, but in vain. Earnestly she had been praying to God for help, and now it was at her door. Not long thereafter she was baptized. She was convinced that God had heard her prayer and had taken the needed action to provide an answer.—Ps. 65:2.

*** w79 7/15 p. 15 par. 6 Preaching in a Lawless World ***

This separating work has indeed been carried forward under angelic direction. (Matt. 25:31, 32) And in conjunction with it there has been angelic aid in declaring the “good news,” for how often it has happened that a sincere person has prayed to God for help, only to find one of Jehovah’s Witnesses standing at his door!

*** w63 8/15 p. 510 Her Prayer Answered ***

One of Jehovah’s witnesses in Massachusetts (U.S.A.) had this experience: “I called at the door the other day and as I started to witness the smiling lady said: ‘Are you one of Jehovah’s witnesses?’ I assented. She then asked me in and told me she had just been praying that one would call. And as soon as she had prayed the doorbell rang, and I was there. The significant part of that call was that I did not intend to call at that house when I got out of my car. I had previously left two magazines with a man who showed very little interest, but then suddenly the thought came to me to call there anyway.”

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    He said how people in Christendom once prayed during the attacks at 9/11 and how they ended up dying anyway!
    And how it was because Jehovah didn't listen to their prayers!

Is that like JW`s who need Blood Transfusions,refuse them,Pray and die anyway?

Then he had the balls to ask, "did jehovah answer his witnesses' prayers?... Is bethel still standing??...

Did the Planes hit Bethel?..

It`s WatchTarded reasoning that makes people leave..

Once I left I never went back..

A Kingdom Hall is Really a Giant Cuck-coo Clock..

Kingdom Hall..

Of..

Jehovah`s Cuck-coo-Witness`s

http://www.bitchdujour.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/cuckoo-clock-300x300.jpg

mutley-ani1.gif image by GeneralWaco

...OUTLAW

• clarity
    clarity

When I started to 'study' they told me about the man who prayed to god...'cause he was going to kill himself.

Well, sure enough, the witnesses showed up on his doorstep and saw him thru the window with a gun to his head.

They saved him

I thought wow.................

I was a dumbass like so many others!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Mind control, wanting to believe in something, wanting any kind of friendship, fear of losing family and friends, habit, etc. are all possible answers as to why JWs attend meetings. What I would like to know is how to show JWs what the WTBTS really teaches so that they can awaken.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I can tell you from my own experience. I was inactive for a bit, the elders never called on me, never did a damn thing to show that anyone cared. I was alone. My husband at the time was active, but wasn't showing any interest in helping me to go back to meetings or get out in service. I was alone and lonely. No friends, family didn't live nearby, so I went back to meetings, even though I had my doubts.

Eventually, I stopped going again because the doubts just ate me up inside. We separated, and I ended up going back yet again to give it one last try to see if I was really correct in losing my faith in the organization. Before that last time, I had started reading and posting here...but then I thought "Well, maybe there really is a Satan, and what if he's trying to get me through doubts like they say he does??". So I ignored the UN scandal, I ignored the 607 stuff, I just went with it and went to meetings and pounded the pavement out in service...even started a Bible study. Thankfully her son was wise enough to tell her not to get involved and she stopped soon after.

A few months later, I lost my oomph and slowly started declining with my meeting attendance. I started missing every other Sunday...then every Sunday...then some TMS and SM's...until I just wasn't going at all. I went to one last convention where they announced the new Overlapping Generations crap, and that was it for me. I haven't been to a meeting in over a year and a half. I've been officially free of JW influence in my life for almost 6 months. This time I will not be going back because I know for sure that it's falsehood.

So...for me...at first it was a matter of being lonely for friends and family. In the end, though, it was a matter of being absolutely sure that it was all a lie.

I can identify with your anger at the speaker, though. Toward the end of my meeting attendance, I would make up every excuse to be out of my seat because the majority of what the speaker would say would make me incredibly angry. My very last meeting, I had to go outside (it was the beginning of July and HOT). I couldn't bear to hear anymore. I was shaking with anger, crying, practically hyperventalating. I knew I couldn't do this anymore.

Sometimes people just miss the friends and family they have known all their lives... And sometimes...they just need to be positive they are making the right decision.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how much of it is that people go just enough to avoid getting hounded. Once you are seen as irregular, people think of you as "bad association". So you need to at least be at the Kingdumb Hell enough to not be counted in that number.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I get the whole brain washing thing

May I ask you a question? Have you read 'Combatting Cult Mind Control'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit