What's your view on who REALLY are the "mentally diseased" apostates?

by Fernando 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If they call us "Mentally Diseased" then it seems we are due more sympathy than condemnation :

Definition of MENTAL DISEASE.....Merriam Webster

": a disease characterized esp. by mental symptoms : mental disorder : insanity"

So they are saying that we are sick in the head. I have been called that many times, colloquially, but never as a real diagnosis

Does this mean that mentally sick J W's are to be shunned? Surely not!!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Funny isn't it. For 50 years I was taught the "Heretics" and "Apostates" who differed from the Catholic Church and were burned at the stake were true persecuted Christians.

All those Wars and revolutions in Europe over Religion and "Apostacy", was an "an earmark of False Religion".

The Puritans who fled to New England to find religious freedom, soon "Shunned" and HUNG those Apostate Quakers!!

Russel should have been glad the the Seventh Day adventists didn't hang HIM as an apostate. And Rutherford should be GLAD the majority of the FATHFULL and DISCREET SLAVE didn't HANG him as an obnoxious apostate, when he decided to grab control of WTB$ assets.

Even Fred Franz was not Disfellowshipped when he declared Russel and Rutherford "were wrong".

But somehow, when 2/3 of "JW"s (Pew study) decide the Governing Body have gone WAY "beyond what is written" in the scriptures, and have inserted themselves into Christ's place..in even the baptism........ WE are the " Mentally diseased Apostates". I think not.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

the scriptures give a very simplistic outline of what a true christian is. to follow christ and be christ-like is to: suffer evil, take care of people who are weak, do the work of an evangelizer (open to interpretation). there were many people christ approved of that were obviously not bangin on doors. to me this means someone that stands up and speaks when something is wrong. evangelize in the sense that someone is being mistreated and you speak out and or teach against the inequity).

that's it, that sums up the whole christianity thing. it was supposed to be simple so that stupid people wouldn't be left out right?

WT doesn't do any of this. they preach, but they preach what? that you become enslaved to their *very complicated* (and ever changing) interpretations.

they don't suffer evil either. especially the elders and basically the hierarchy. they may suffer, just like any other jerk suffers. they don't suffer because they are being wronged, and that they are turning the other cheek (the sad thing is, they are usually the instrument causing the kind of harm on people THAT JESUS WAS TRYING TO PROTECT PEOPLE AGAINST IN THE FIRST PLACE. ie. all this judicial bullshit, shunning, now their new term they are marking people?

take care of the weak? the various jw's i've been around from different areas are basically the same...if you got cancer, they expect you knocking on doors...these people aren't empathetic people.

it's pretty simple. the jw organization is clearly an apostate organization.

can you imagine if people at the doors knew that they sent the sick out in service? the people at the door are probably like wow you are really dedicated, you are sick and yet you find this so important? not realizing they are probably doing it because they are scared to death they will be shunned by an organization that has forced them to cut-off all their other relationships, ie. leaving them completely isolated and dying...what choice do they have?

it's pretty simple. the jw organization is clearly an apostate organization.

I might be mentally diseased.....if so, then how much worse does it sound if a mentally diseased person such as myself, can in a few sentences dismantle your entire religion?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Guys, what a balanced, reasonable and informed conversation from persons the Watchtower claims are "mentally diseased".

It is a pleasant surprise to notice the restraint in applying this same label to the patently evil Watchtower ruling religious clergy class and hierarchy!

Vengence is mine says Yahweh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit