For Mankkeli and other apologists

by JeffT 30 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

NC- This is like Herman Cain's Political Art Act, its Religious Art lol

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I do lurk around the bedroom hoping for an opportunity to pounce but sadly she's got great evasion skills.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Designs, I made some political ones too! LOL I posted them here. I'll just give the links if you want to go look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG3nJXGdydo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNAUMpAhcPU

• Atlantis
  • Atlantis
  • iCeltic
    iCeltic

These people who have an inability to listen to reason will never ever go away. The fact that they are even here means they are breaking their faith, coming here attempting to defend in the face of over whelming evidence to show not only how wrong it is but how bad and destructive it is.

The lies are quite funny because they aren't even clever enough to give a proper argument, watchtower quotes and idiotic replies, I'm inclined to completely ignore them unless they are opening proper discussion rather than spouting absolute rubbish.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good thread, JeffT!

New Chapter - hilarious video!! [Zid looks around, double-checks location...] Nope, I don't seem to be under anybody's bed...

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Amazing that all Mankkeli can do is quote a Watchtower in response to the OP calling out the Watchtower lol... That's like quoting the Bible to show that the Bible is factual and true. I don't think ANY of us here are inclined to believe that the Watchtower holds any grain of truth just because it SAYS it does. Just like none of us believe the Governing Body itself is god's "channel here on earth". If a child is a habitual liar, and then one day decides to tell the truth, how many people believe him? Boy who cried "Wolf", anyone?

I really like the part in the above article posted by the OP that points to the JW's stating that the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible. Amazingly, the Catholic church never claimed it was! In fact, they state plainly (I believe it's in the Catholic Encyclopedia) that it is NOT found in the Bible. However, the concept, the scriptural support, IS. But NOWHERE in the Bible, not even the NWT, will you find the words "Governing Body" or "Organization". The only scripture that is cited for "proof" that the WTBTS must be god's one true organization is the one that says "God is not a god of disorder, but of peace". They see the words "not a god of disorder" and think "Huh! There it is! He must be a god of ORDER, then! Which means he must do things in an organized way! Which means we are the ONLY ones worldwide who are ORGANIZED! So this MUST be the truth!!" I take that scripture to mean exactly what it says and nothing more. The god being spoken of is one of peace and not of disorder...Disorder is not peace, is it? A peace-loving god doesn't need an organization just because he doesn't like disorder. Hell, I don't like it when people are upset and arguing and fighting around me, I prefer peace...doesn't mean that I have to start an organization for it.

Circular logic. Eventually, when things go round and round enough, it turns into a tornado of bullshit that just sucks the life out of everything in its path.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

I don't think ANY of us here are inclined to believe that the Watchtower holds any grain of truth just because it SAYS it does. Just like none of us believe the Governing Body itself is god's "channel here on earth". If a child is a habitual liar, and then one day decides to tell the truth, how many people believe him? Boy who cried "Wolf", anyone?

Reminds me of a joke. There's 2 men. One ALWAYS lies, and one ALWAYS tell the truth. They both are standing before separate roads claiming theirs leads to everlasting peace and prosperity. You have Only 1 chance to ask a question to find out which one is the fake and which is genuine. What could you ask?

Asking "Which one is the real road?" would seem simple and obvious, but it would get you nowhere. Thats like asking religious leaders which religion is the true one. You can bet they would all choose theirs (either inclusively amongst others or exclusively).

A more fitting question would be "From which road have you come from?" That would FORCE the liar and honest one to point to the genuine road. Problem is, religious leaders are like the lying man and they believe their road is the genuine one. The word "organization" is not in the Bible neither supported by principle. But the leaders of such ones will always say "Come this way." Trickery, man.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

mankkeli is a joke. He loves the GB and "food at the proper time" so much he scopes out apostate websites in which to feed us the meals he's eating. If that's what's available, starve me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit