Does the society assign circuit overseers based on their personalities?

by hoser 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

the reason I am asking is that lately I've noticed a trend. We get a real good down to earth guy who is easy to work with and we get used to his way

of doing things and then 3 years later we get a self righteous abusive a$$hole that thinks he is above all.

another 3 years we get another easy going CO

Is this done on purpose by the WTS to keep all the congregations on edge and the elder bodies in check??

any one else have experienced this

Hoser

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, I have noticed a 'good cop, bad cop' rotation also.

• hoser
    hoser

MM what purpose does it serve?

keep everyone on egg shells?

I've actually heard a$$hole CO's say "it doesn't matter what the last guy did or allowed I'm in charge now" or to that effect

one other CO said " it doesn't matter what the CO asks you to do Jehovah demands obedience"

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    keep everyone on egg shells?

That could be a motivation. Then again, perhaps around 50% of C.Os are just assholes.

• hoser
    hoser

That could be a motivation. Then again, perhaps around 50% of C.Os are just assholes.

too funny but true

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've actually heard a$$hole CO's say "it doesn't matter what the last guy did or allowed I'm in charge now" or to that effect

Yeah, but you'll be gone in less than 3 years and we'll still be here and back to running things our way....

DOC

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To me, it doesn't matter what the hounder-hounder does or disallows. Because, if he disallows something, I am going to do it anyways. Even if it goes against the main body of the religion itself.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think anyone wants the abusive asshole but the WTS is short on COs and potential ones and so they spread the assholes around, rotating them with the "good" ones. If a circuit is a problem they might send in one to "fix" things. I found the ones that were "cowards" caused the most damage.

• aristeas
    aristeas

MM's comment has been my experience too:

"Yes, I have noticed a 'good cop, bad cop' rotation also."

Either the guys in the service dept. know the story and do this intentionally or it must be Jehovah's direction!

• stillin
    stillin

They say that the CO's hair gets grayer as you get more south in the US anyway...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit