Pre paid legal inc. is a cult

by zengalileo 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

I tried selling pre paid legal for about two yers. Hardly made a sale. None of my friends gave a crap about it. most were extremely annoyed that I even brought it up, to the point there was danger of damaging the relationship,
    Then there are all those meetings. God they never let up about making it to all the meetings. This is being told by the highest up leadership in the organization, so I know it's really what they want to teach their people.
    Then there is all these stupid Pre paid legal cliques, where everybody speaks in constant superlatives about how great pre paid legal is and how it's the answer fo so much of life. Reminded me of being raised a Jehovahs Witness. Ir was always about how great and encouraging the Faithful Slave is and how the Watchtower is the sole channel of truthy.....
    I also noticed pre paid legalites eyes glaze over when they talk about it gushing with compliments.
    Then they are going to super saturdays (and patying for hefty ticket prices each time.Then there is the regional conference, just like the Jehovahs Witness conventions.
    It's just like f@#king Amway crap. That's a cult too. Oh my God they jusr go on ad on with how great their little answer to life's problems is.
    My upline doesn't even own a car, and her upline lives in a garage. And HHIS upline drives a trashy 1980s minivan and looks like he lives in it. Then there is a few guys at the top who drive Mercedes and have a yacht. Still attaining that level is a one in a million proposition.

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

Oh yeah, and if you quit it, all your pre paid legal friends cut you off. All they want to do is get to gether and talk about how great pre paid legal is. Very creepy.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

No it isnt. Its a business that used direct marketing AKA MLM. The business model is based on referrals therefore looks familiar to going to meetings and all that.

I would say that a CULT uses the referral model to take advantages of the benefits of referral advertisment.

The fact that you couldnt use that model to generate income doesnt make the model bad.

I got my membership to 24 hour fitness for about 2 years and I have not gained any muscle...... 24 hour fitness doesnt work!.... or could it be that I dont know how to excercise?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

First Lawrence Hughes, now this....

It sounds like you haven't learnt your lessons from being in the JWs.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I've wondered about pre-paid legal services. How much does it cost?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

We have been Pre-paid legal customers for over 12 years and I must say having it has come in very handy a number of times. We have been able to resolve serious disputes that surely would have

gone to court without their help. All it took for our opponants to back down was recieving their Parker Stanbury letterhead with 27 attorneys listed. We would inform them that as long-time

members we have built up hundreds of hours of representation. Case closed. However selling it might be another matter, though.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

From what I've read in newspapers and legal journals is that typically relatively small and finite time matters are covered. So you may get a very quick look at a lease or employment contract. If the contract were detailed, it isn't completely covered. It is minor tune up matters. Anything other than a very simple divorce isn't covered. Legal services are costly. Lawyers can't afford lawyers themselves. I write personal consumer complaints all the time. Screaming lawyer annoys the entry level customer service people. Once you kick upstairs, though, I get many deals when I have no actual basis in fact. No one has ever checked my bar registration number. One thing I learned is to always write to the ceo about any small matter. Those customer service people want to make a deal.

Many lawyers offer a 45-minute consultation for free to drum up business. Recently, I wanted a local lawyer to just sign and use her letterhead for a simple letter that involved no research. I was willing to pay $250-300 for the stationery. She refused b/c it wasn't enough money to bother. I hear stories all the time when a corporate lawyer would try all these quasilegal strategies, such as calling public officials and news media to pressue someone. If you are not worth millions in billing fees, there is little enthusiasm. It isn't unethical but it is not in the American tradition of lawyering.

If the plan is similar to the ones I've read about, it may be a good deal. On the other hand, you might just want to assume the risk. There are many excellent self help books at libraries and bookstores now. Often a few code words, a legal term, can scare a business.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I have owned Pre-paid Legal for several years and have used it a couple of times. Glad I have it. I've been solicited to sell it a number of times because I'm also in the insurance business, but I don't want to mix the two. With my company we also have a lot of people who start and don't make it, but that's not the fault of the company. I know a lot of people who make a great deal of money, and I'm not doing too bad either. We also have a lot of meetings, but they are structured to help us become better agents. BTW I recently got an email that they have changed their name to "Legal Shield."

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

LOL. Thirty years ago I tried Amway for 3 weeks- yikes.... one cult was enough!!!!

Never sold Pre-paid, but I have been a customer of Pre-paid for years. I had them write some nasty letters for me and answer questions. An Attorney friend contracted for them when he first graduated from law school, he is a smart guy that I wouldn't want to cross. He would come across some good cases from time to time thay made it worth his while.

Not a bad deal for 20 something bucks a month. Definately would scare most Elders away, and cheaper than even picking the brains of attorney friends- THAT costs an expensive meal or a return favor.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I wouldn't say it's a cult...It's a Multi-Level Marketing scheme...and so is the Watchtower (along with being a cult...the WTBTS is both a publishing company that uses a MLM format, and a cult.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit