Some love for Band on the Run

by sabastious 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I'm not leaving. There was a point where I felt addicted and someone started a vicious thread against me. It disappeared the same day. Something made me check my private messages and I made a discovery: far more people had sent me private messages that were warm and welcoming. It seems that each category goes to a different place to voice their concerns. I do wonder why I find all this Witness stuff so fascinating when I left many decades ago. I believe the reason is that my family were all JWs and determined whether I could be loved. In my day, there were rumors of defection but no one could freely meet and discuss. My dad was drinking buddies with Hayden Covington and b/c of a mere rumor would not acknowledge him. My father was not a confirmist.

So I was not crazy all along. I don't ask for agreement. Respect is important to me. If I want agreement, there is jw.org. Besides agreement is not as entertaining as dissent.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BOTR: Besides agreement is not as entertaining as dissent.

At the risk of being NOT entertaining, I agree!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

ohhhh don't leave us never did a formal welcome to you!!! but Welcome!

FS

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm not leaving.

Awesome!

-Sab

• shepherd
    shepherd

Glad you are staying. Sometimes I have no idea what you are talking about from one sentence to the next, but the forum should be open to all.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

You had me crying there, but glad to know that you are still with us.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

For the record, I post in Standard English. Maybe some NYese. Even when I write in stream of consciousness, I'm using English. I don't write in tongues! If people get annoyed with me, they must understand what I am writing to be annoyed. It is all in the eye of the beholder.

You should try reading James Joyce or some translations of French surrealist poets.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I understand you, BOTR.

I think that your history with the JW faith is fascinating. I also believe that you have achieved quite alot, given the challenges that you have been through.

I do enjoy your contribution to this forum, and the legal aspect to the subjects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit