Has anybody ever reported you to the elders?

by Iamallcool 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• glueman
    glueman

As serving as an elder I was reported on to the other elders in the body (11 member body at that time...yikes) by the PO about defaming his character by addressing a concern I had about the PO and body to the CO. This was one of those congs where the PO controlled everyone and everything.

Also while serving on a judicial committee I was reported to the CO about "dissention" comments and positions I had.

Vee vill make u talk :)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

There was this sister in my congregation that took to dressing exactly like my then-wife*, so much so that several times several people in the KH mistook one for the other. She would often flirt with me at meetings, in field service, at book study, you get the idea. In fact, at book study she usually sat directly across from me wearing skirts short enough that I could see her panties. I really liked the light blue ones ... but I digress!

Nothing ever happened between us because I was at least smart enough to not mess with another JW in my own congregation. But when I eventually decided to make a break with my wife, one of the elders told me that this sister had "confided to him" that Sister Flirty and I had been carrying on for many months.

Come to think of it, I remember Sister Flirty and Elder Notreallyyourfriend spent an awful lot of time together in the "field ministry"...

* We're now divorced.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I mentioned in a light hearted manner that the lds church would benefit if the geriatric leaders were involved in something like a plane crash so that some new blood could perhaps change some policy etc.

This comment was discussed in the ward council, taken to the bishop and someone asked if I'd ever made terrorist threats before. Fortunately the bishop told them to stop being silly.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

OOdad .......

"But I digress"....... CLASSIC!!!!!!!Thumbs Up

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

llamacool:

I obviously was because that is why I was approached many years ago about the slit in my skirt (a rather tame slit I might add). This was one of my first rude awakenings about this religion and I am sure the coward who "reported" me didn't have the balls to come up to me and tell me themselves, so they approached my study conductor. Mind you, I was never reproved for immorality in all the years I was in this religion!

In the years after that I was on their radar because I inadvertently drew attention to myself with my bolder than usual comments and my general independence. So many issues. So glad it's over!

• sabastious
    sabastious

My family submitted a packet they printed out by hand selecting posts I made here to the elders in the last hall I attended. My elders eventually called me about it and I told them that I consider this forum "group therapy" and didn't appreciate their encroachment. I understand that what I post here is in the public domain, but it's context can easily be refered to as group therapy, maybe not legally but ethically. And if the elder has any heart at all he'll see that what he's doing is ethically wrong, and he did. They have never contacted me about it since and have take no theocratic action against me.

-Sab

• Open mind
    Open mind

Yep. My Dad, who was and is an Elder, turned me in for reckless driving when I was a teenage pioneer. I got counseled for not showing enough respect for the sanctity of life, but they let me keep my pioneer badge.

Looking back, I probably should have burned rubber as I left the KH parking lot.

om

• sd-7
    sd-7

Yes. My wife turned us both in for fornication and me for having doubts about 'the organization'. See, like, all my personal posts from almost two years ago...I dare not repost them here, whiny bastard that I was back then...

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Oh, and I suspect somebody might've seen me dating a non-JW shortly after my awakening, and reported me, because the elders suddenly wanted to meet with me but wouldn't tell me why, and when I told the COBOE I was getting married, he asked with contempt, "Is she in the truth?" So I guess they might've known about that other situation. Hmm.

--sd-7

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I got busted for smoking by the spoiled one of the congregation. You know the one, rich, pretty, can do no wrong, everyones favorite for doing NOTHING. She turned me in, I knew she would the second I saw that she saw. I was already on public reproof (for not getting baptized and it ended in rebellion), treated like a pariah, and wasn't baptized. Not much more they could do to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit