Is Iran the new Iraq?

by Justitia Themis 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

During the Bush years, I tried to discuss the inaccuracies, errors, and misinterpretations in the Bush Administration's Iraq intelligence that was used to rally the nation and march to war. But most people's eyes would glaze over and they would mumble some comment about foreign policy being too hard and too time consuming to understand. As a nation, we failed in our duty to check our leaders, which led to the Iraq war, which deleteriously diverted our attention from Afghanistan, and has contributed greatly to our financial demise. I hope many of the OWS people, who stayed home from the Kerry-Bush election because they were "depressed" with Kerry, thereby leaving Bush in office to continue the war, accept their fair share of responsibility for contributing to the recession by their foolish decision to opt-out of the democratic process.

Several months ago, I was speaking with someone, and I voiced concerns over what the current Administration was going to do with all the returning soldiers now that the wars are winding down, especially considering the unemployment situation. Shortly thereafter, the Administration reported that in a move that was incredibly out of character, the Iranians were seeking to assasinate a Saudi Prince. Of course, nations can act out of character, but very little (no) supporting evidence was forthcoming. And now, the nuclear rhetoric is increasing.

I'm becoming a little concerned that we are beginning to repeat the Iraq process all over again with Iran. My hope is that Obama is playing a strategy game. Nevertheless, I'm copying an article from the New Yorker and a critique of the New Yorker article. Most people have the day off. Hopefully, they will not find this information "too hard" or "too long."

Happy Thanksgiving

JT

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/06/06/110606fa_fact_hersh

http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/11863

• designs
    designs

Seeing that Exxon just signed huge deals with Iraq you can be sure that the natural resources of Iran are on a lot of Western Corps. radar. Russia and China already have deals going with the regime of Iran.

How badly does Saudia Arabia want this battle and how much are they willing to pay for our military services.

• Think About It
    Think About It

There is all that oil sands oil up in Canada without the bloodshed behind it....but, Americans are protesting it while continuing to import more Middle East oil.

Think About It

• designs
    designs

TAI-

It is a contradiction in some ways although we, the USA, does bring Canadian oil products to market already.

• Voices
    Voices

I just see 'liar' written all over Bushs' face from the FIRST moment i saw him running for his first term. Now, we're doing this craziness all over again and people are still being persuaded with fear of terrorism. It's like a documentary I saw today, that was talking about terrorism. "It's not a war on terrorism, it's a war OF terrorism." People should wake up. Look past the charming talk of Obama and see his actions. Kinda like that guy or girl all of us fell in love with until they either had sex (screwed with us) and left or you found out he/she was a jackass/bitch once he/she went for another while charming you. Bah!

Me

• designs
    designs

Did Iran pull off a successful assassination in the murder of Iranian Dissident Gelareh Bagherzadeh in Texas a few days ago.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

As another thread suggested, Iran is very far removed from Iraq. Iran is in bed with both Russia and China. If the US is stupid enough to become involved with Israel in a conventional war against Iran, they will go the same way as the Costa Concordia. It will be the final straw that breaks the camel's back.

• designs
    designs

Oil prices should come down in the weeks ahead, Iran is toning down the rhetoric after the Aircraft Carriers showed up.

• designs
    designs

Nuclear Inspectors reported that Iran is advancing its nuclear program. Will a total blocade by an international force happen.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Isreal and the US have already developed new bunker buster bombs and have made adaptations to their bomber planes to deploy them against Irans nuclear sites. I think they will only get as far as delaying Iran from getting the "bomb". Eventually, more countries will try to develop or buy this technology. Its inevitable. They need regime change in Iran. Get rid of the Mullah's running the country and get a more pro Western democratic gov. in place. That is how they will solve the Iran problem. As for trying to stop Nuclear Proliferation, its too late for that. And believe me, Russia and China DO NOT want Iran's Mullah's to have the bomb either. The west will make a deal with Russia and China for Irans Oil that will keep them at bay if they haven't already. This way, Russia and China's interests will be safe and they will stand by as the US and Isreal unleash Hell on Iran. They will partialy destroy their nuclear sites and most of their armed forces before calling it a day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit