Help! My brother wants to hate me.

by strymeckirules 22 Replies latest social family

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

okay so it has been a month since this issue, and there is some news.

my grandmother died on the 29 of December, and so all the family went to visit her in the hospital leading up to her heart failure.

my brother went to visit her and she made him promise to mend fence with me. so he promised and i waited to see what would happen.

well, he sent me a text asking if we could start repairing our relationship by first repairing his van.

i replied yes i can help you.

so i went there today and saw him for the first time in a while and it was all good.

i fixed his van problem. easy fix.(power and ground wires to starter were old and full of oxidization. cleaned the terminals and replaced the battery posts and it fired right up. took $5 and 20 minutes. it was broken down for 2 months)

so we talked and caught up a bit afterwards over a drink.

turns out he planning on attending the funeral which is in a catholic church. my parents have already stated thier position on not going.

so he's thinking for himself.....

he didn't want to bridge any real issues we had, i told him whenever he is ready i am here to talk.

so it was a good visit and i believe he's planning to continue talking to me as he needs a full tune up on the van.

so this revisit to this post is to say never give up hope. someday your loved ones vehicle may break down, giving you opertunity to mend fences.

thanks baba.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I hope so and best wishes to you and your brother

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There is a Twelve Story that I can relate. Only I'm not the best at recounting stories. A devout person is in imminent peril on th seas. Rescue attempt ever rescue attempt is launched. Being a nutty Christian, he turns them down one after another b/c God will save him. Boats arrive, helicopters are sent. Finally, he dies and confronts God for not helping him. God says you feel who do you think sent all those rescue services. God helps those willing to help themselves. God does not want us waiitng upon God.

As I wrote before, your story parallels mine. I was told to leave him for physical and sexual safety. Few teenagers are going to follo wth eproferred advice. We don't have adult experience it yet. I was crippled seeing the apparent love my classmates had from their parents and the sheer terror that existed at home. Anything thing I like from the Beatles, to a tv series with a cute young actor, sewing, radio-all stripped from me. I had a bounce back spirit that I lack now. No matter how hard he tried to demolish me I popped up with a new interest. The older I grew the more I realized my bondage would soon end. My father tried to pull me out of high school. I was embarassed beyond description but I ran to the principal for protection. Leaving my father would be easy but leaving my enabling mom and siblings was a different story.

I dreamed of becoming a lawyer and working on these JW children's issues. The problem was that I was triggered so readily I could not be neutrall. I was so agitated it was destroying my present life. My main point is this foster homes stink. JW children commit no wrong. The parents should be exiled in a foster home. Besides reading about JW children issues, the most I can do is send money to help the cause.

My JW family paved the way for many therapists to have a cash flow from me. Posting here brings back all the dreadful memories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit