In Your opinion, what percentage of the ACTIVE 7 Million Jehovah's witnesses will obey prohibitions on blood transfusions?

by Balaamsass 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I have heard on this site, and others that some doctors say many "Jehovahs Witnesses" actually accept Blood transfusions for themselves and family when the chip are down. I have been told by Hospital Laison members (relatives) that the reason for the "bedside Elder Vigil" is actually to keep patients and family members from "weakening". Now I know A LOT of people identify themselves as JWs on old medical charts and such (according to PEW research and personal experiance...so I am simply interested in opinions on ACTIVE CURRENT JWs.

My PERSONAL feeling is 2/3 to 75% would allow themselves or family members to DIE. (Especially with an Elder standing nearby)

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Informal poll.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I have been told by several surgeons and Doctors that 75% of JW's DO accept blood when it comes down to the wire.Probably different if the vultures are at the bedside,but even then,when they sign the release,they could be alone...Sad,isnt it? That these old disgusting men have nothing better to do than intimidate ill folks who just want to get better...grrrrrr

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Up untill a month or so ago the wife and I ALWAYS carried our "Blood Cards". Rarely did I run across active publishers who forgot cards. Wow..to think.....I might have died for a publishing cult. wow.

• sabastious
    sabastious

If I were to guess I would say that most active JW's will take any loophole they can find when faced with death and blood. So if a court order is the loophole then a court order is the loophole.

-Sab

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Well technically I'm still active though mentally out. So I guess I'm a part of the 7 million. Id accept the transfusion when it came time to do so.

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

80% I think.

The fear is stronger than survive yourself by most JW's

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I was surprised to find my elderly mother 60 yr + JW had not signed her year old DPA .......

After reading the Canadian news story yesterday I would not be surprised to find 50%+ of ACTIVE JWs have major issues with official JW blood doctrine.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

We don't really have tp speculate on this one. Its just over 10% according to most hospital studies on the matter.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

here's where the data gets distorted. In order for a hospital to take an avg, a JW would have to identify himself, state his beliefs, then state not to follow his beliefs. I think most would just keep their mouths shut.

I think part of what drives a dub to take blood is ignorance of their own blood policy. It changes alot and u can't expect them to read can u?

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

Probably the same % of active witnesses who would stay at a hotel NOT on the "Recommeded Lodging List". Only the unfaithful, weak or otherwise rebellious. sheesh.

be faithful in the least of these things and you'll be faithful in much...don't ya know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit