Are Atheist rejecting God?

by cyberjesus 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Ok here is a simple question for everybody does the abscence of belief implies rejection? Here watch this video ALL of you interested and post your conclusions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jClyinERY

• No Room For George
  • leavingwt
  • No Room For George
    No Room For George

I'm at work so I can't watch the vids, but I'd say simply because God chooses to stay off the radar, if he exists, he's rejected himself for such a ninja like existance.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

shoot! i pasted the wrong video... here this is the one i wanted to post.... sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-j8ZMMuu7MU

• tec
    tec

If you're the atheist, then you tell me. I don't presume to tell you why you believe or don't believe. I imagine the answer is as different for the non-believers out there as it is for the believers.

Peace,

Tammy

• avishai
    avishai

If i don't believe in the existence of Unicorns, am I rejecting them?

• Farkel
    Farkel

If someone simply chooses not to believe in something or somone, then they are not "rejecting" anything. It is a passive thing. The term "rejecting" is perjorative and indicting. It implies something that is just not there. It implies an action that results in an accusation at the same time, when in fact, it is a non-action that implies nothing more than a choice not to believe.

Short version: it is loaded language the way you phrased it.

Farkel

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    If someone simply chooses not to believe in something or somone, then they are not "rejecting" anything.
    I don't think you can "choose" not to believe something. It's not something I think you can even will to happen. You either believe or you don't. Either way, it's certainly not a rejection.
  • ziddina
    ziddina

HA HA HA!!!

What Avishai said...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit