Question for Ex-bethelites: Governing Body Medical Expenses

by sabastious 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Potentially, any Bethelite can be covered. However, newer Bethelites can expect to be sent home if they develop serious medical conditions or if they have a sports-related injury. Or, the Bethelite will be asked to pay out-of-pocket for surgeries, etc, if they want to remain at Bethel. Long-time family members can expect better treatment. However, anyone can be sent home for any reason. Bethel does, however, cover medical expenses for some ex-Bethelites, unders certain circumstances. These persons are usually special pioneers.

So, the Governing Body would require their own money then if they needed special treatment?

-Sab

• undercover
    undercover

So, the Governing Body would require their own money then if they needed special treatment?

BWAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA hoooboy... that's a good one Sab... GB requiring their own money... you kill me...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Long-time family members can expect better treatment.

In addition to long-time Bethel family members, those in positions of power/responsibility can expect to be taken care of 100 percent.

• crazycate
    crazycate

This was asked ironically, correct?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    In addition to long-time Bethel family members, those in positions of power/responsibility can expect to be taken care of 100 percent.

And this money (which would add up to a great deal) comes directly from the donations? Are they able to hide their finances because of their religious tag? If I wanted to find out where would I start? Band on the Run might have some good legal direction?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    This was asked ironically, correct?

No, according to LWT's testimony it sounded to me like that was the logical continuation of the process he was describing to me. If they kick out grunts because they don't have the money to pay their medical bills then why would the top be any different? They are all allegedly volunteers. Who could honestly, and with a good conscience, choose who gets medical services and who does not?

-Sab

• blondie
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

If they kick out grunts because they don't have the money to pay their medical bills then why would the top be any different?

Bethel is run like a Kingdom Hall. The elders do whatever they please. The GB do the same. There is no such thing as equal rights in the Watchtower community. It's an authoritarian society, not a democracy.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When I would get prescription drugs at the Bethel pharmacy, the sister at the medicine counter would guilt me into donating for the meds.

Her guilt trips worked for a while. Then, I put on my big boy britches, reminded myself that I was a f---ing volunteer, and told her where to shove her donation box. 'No thanks'.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Bethel is run like a Kingdom Hall. The elders do whatever they please. The GB do the same. There is no such thing as equal rights in the Watchtower community. It's an authoritarian society, not a democracy.

Well, they live within a republic-democracy hybrid. What you are describing is basic rights being handed out freely to some and witheld from others. This is the opposite of what the United States was founded on. So, what legally gives them their exemption to abuse their adherents in such an unconstitutional manner?

What they are doing is not legal, how are they getting away with it? In broad daylight to boot?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit