by dark angle 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dark angle
    dark angle

Hi all! i found this vid amusing.

God of the Paradox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jClyinERY

• dark angle
    dark angle

"What if we solved all our problems this way? Late paying the rent? Just tell your landlord that you paid him with supermoney, which is better than money, but he just can't see it right now.

The paradox and the supernatural are symbiotic. "Beyond" space and time, omniscience, omnibenevolence, omnipotence, omnipresence, freewill, a grand plan, divine intervention, heaven, hell, souls, miracles, and life after death are completely invented concepts that have severe logical problems that are explained away by the word "supernatural", which is also completely made up.

Lightning and rainbows were once obviously supernatural. Those claims failed when they became testable, as will any claim attributed to the supernatural - no matter how obvious they seem to you."

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They make a good point that it does not make sense to have a God that is all-everything. For instance, he can't be all-loving when there is suffering. Invoking the term supernatural does not help if it is not falsifiable. That is why I like the term ignostic. Any discussion of God is pointless if there is no consistent, falsifiable definition of God.

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

well put, JWF

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

ignostic? that is a new one... I cant figure it out though

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I agree JWF. There isn't even a working definition of "god" to debate the existence of. Which is why we are left to merely discredit holy books. The argument for god is like being asked "do you believe in wogets?" and when you ask "what's a woget?" you get ten different answers that are often nonsensical.

"A woget is the color of seven"

"no, no,no, a woget is LIKE the color of seven, embodying its essence but not LITERALLY the color of seven."

"Well you're both wrong, a woget is the sound of a rainbow."

and confused you ask "well uh, what is the evidence for wogets? Why would I believe in a woget?" and only get a mish mash of logically incorrect, or completely incoherent answers.

"Duh, you can see the number seven can't you?"

"Why wouldn't you believe in wogets? Unless you can disprove wogets you should believe in wogets."

"Can't you hear the rainbow in your heart? If not then I feel sorry for you."

That is the nature of the god discussion. Vapid and largely pointless.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i like the video

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Spot on JH.

The monotheistic religions will say that evidence for their God the creator is creation, which is somewhat reasonable. However, there are a lot of religions that teach about Gods that are not said to be involved in creation, so there is nothing to support their existence at all. The sum total of proof of their existence is some holy book or an experience that a person interprets as miraculous.

• dark angle
    dark angle

cyberjesus, JWF, JH,

I just love how this guy presented the severe inconsistencies of a god having omniscience, omnibenevolence, omnipotence, omnipresence, a grand plan, yet living beyond space & time but wants to intervene in the physical world, allowing evil to occur, has an arch rival satan that can challenge him, bestowing freewill but wants his will be done, ect… hehehehehhe

Wicked!

JWF,

ignostic is a new term for me. another idea to explore. tnx for pointing that out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit