Is There A Need For Any Publications Electronically

by allyouneedislove 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• allyouneedislove
    allyouneedislove

Hi everyone,

I know a number of people who would definitely lend me old watchtower publications (booklets, books, etc).

Is there a need for any scanned publications? Does anyone know when publications can become public domain?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome allyouneedislove to the JWN forum. You might want to PM Atlantis about scanning WTBTS literature, because he posts scanned material every now and then.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

Public Domain depends on the Country someone lives in and what type of publication it is. For example periodicals in the UK follow the rule that the original Country of first publication makes the rule, but for books it is another thing. And sometimes it depends on when the Author died and then they start counting for example 70 years after the Authors dead. In some Countries it depends if copyright was renewed, if not it can be somewhere in the 1960. But if you are woried about a publication that need to be scanned ask Atlantis he coordinates the collecting and scanning for those that need a publication.

And yes there is still a need for some publications, even when many are scanned already. Those that recearch the Watch Tower etc., can do a much better job if they have all the facts.

• still thinking
    still thinking

berean....but they will NEVER die...LOL...and...who is the Author?

• flipper
    flipper

Is there a need for any WT publications AT ALL ? I don't think so

• hotspur
    hotspur

Flipper -

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

allyouneedislove:

Most of the requests that we have been receiving are for: (1) Yearbooks from 1960 to present, (2) Watchtower pdf files from 1950 to present, (3) Awake pdfs from 1970 to present, (4) Concordance pdfs, (5) Index pdfs, and there are a few others, but that list would keep a person busy scanning for years.

Let us know which project you pick and another person can pick a different project. We can then trade files so that each person has a full set. This is a worldwide effort and there are many who are engaging in this work.

I at times agree with "Flipper" and feel that noone should "need" this rubbish, but then there will alwys be that person who writes to us and says that they were able to prove the Watchtower wrong and free a loved one, because they were able to download a file that we provided. Those are the times that make this work all worth it. Just ask Randy Watters, he can tell you all about it!

I even have requests in my emails for pdfs of The Fat Boy, The old Green 1961 NWT (with the dinosaur) in the front, the 1942 King James Version, and the list goes on and on!

Hope to hear from you!

Atlantis

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Thank you for all your hard work. Atlantis you are awesome and so giving of your time in this regard.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Waist of electricity...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

But Flipper if we didn't have the publications how would we know how to think, act and feel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit