RUSSIA: No ban - 'Watchtower' major income source of GB

by bats in the belfry 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

The Jehovah's Witnesses contested the order in a Moscow Commercial court. They said the ban on their publications was unlawful because the publications were the major sources of revenue for the organization. Banning the publications violated their rights to pursue their core activities as an organization.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/314648#ixzz1eMSOG4hp

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How can the WBT$ not make money on WBT$ Literature..

JW Slave Labour is used for the entire process..

Then JW`s pay for it..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

How can the WBT$ not make money on WBT$ Literature..

JW Slave Labour is used for the entire process..

Then JW`s pay for it..

It's hilarious right!!!!! The average JW doesn't see it. You should have seen how braindead everyone was last Thursday during the "Donations" part on the Service Meeting.

• wobble
    wobble

Do they charge for the magazines in Russia, they must do, or they could not be their "main source of income". When we in Britain were told that we would no longer be charging for mags, we were led to believe this would be world-wide before long , and much was made of the bible phrase "You received free, give free "

What happened to that then ?

Or do they insist on a "donation " ?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    It's hilarious right!!!!! The average JW doesn't see it. You should have seen how braindead everyone was
    last Thursday during the "Donations" part on the Service Meeting.....NRFG

Good Morning Miz!..

It`s effin Stupid..LOL!!..

JW`s pay for everything,supply free labour..Then the WBT$ sells them their own work..

I need a gardener like that..He can buy his own supplys..

Truck/gas/equipment Ect..ect..

Once he`s done maintaining my yard for the day..He can pay me for the work he did..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

To my knowledge the magazines are on a givaway basis. Maybe they are using 'theocratic warfare' tactics on the Russians.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You should have seen how braindead everyone was last Thursday during the "Donations" part on the Service Meeting.

You should have put up your hand and asked why does the organization need donations when it just recently sold

most of their properties in New York and around the world for close to a billion dollars (US).

Thats would have gotten everyone's attention.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"The Jehovah's Witnesses contested the order in a Moscow Commercial court. They said the ban on their publications was unlawful because the publications were the major sources of revenue for the organization. Banning the publications violated their rights to pursue their core activities as an organization.

The court overturned the agency's ban on circulation of the publications, saying that the activities of the Jehovah's Witnesses is worldwide and thus not subject to Russian law. The court also held that it was unlawful for the organization to prohibit distribution of all copies and editions of the magazines simply because certain portions of some editions were found to contain "extremist" material." Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/314648#ixzz1eMdcGd00

Even if the same "donation arrangement is in force in Russia, the Dubs only donate the worldwide Work Fund in relation to the literature they collect and place in Service. If they have the same pick up arrangement at The Hall, they even return what they do not place . So a ban on the mags = no donations to speak of.

BTW Why are they not subject to Russian law because they are International? - seems odd to me?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

for Outlaw:

Forrest Gump:

"I was a gozillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free."

Zealous Witness:

"I was a special pioneer and I liked doing it so much, I paid for those Watchtowers myself."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

To my knowledge the magazines are on a givaway basis. Maybe they are using 'theocratic warfare' tactics on the Russians.

Nothing is "Given Away" by the WBT$..

JW`s pay for everything..

Try not paying the JW Congregation WBT$ Literature Bill..

The WBT$ will cut off further delivery until the WBT$ Literature Bill is paid..

Period..

........................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit